Below are recommended steps for exporting your Hype document for use on the Adwords platform. You won’t need to do anything special beyond the steps below:
- Download the Adwords Export Script and install the .pkg file
- Use a banner size that Adwords Supports for your scene size
- As of September 13, 2018, Adwords does not support retina images, so make sure your images are the exact size they are displaying.
- If you require an external library, [use one of the Google libraries linked here]. Don’t use any external font service except for Google fonts. Since Adwords is a Google joint, they’re partial to the Google Fonts service, which is also baked into Hype. Here’s how to use Google Fonts in your document.
- File > Export as HTML5 > Adwords (creates a zip file)
- Upload your Zip file to the Adwords validator: https://h5validator.appspot.com/adwords/asset to test.
- Upload your ZIP to Adwords itself.
Note: This script does no support the ExitAPI, so the entire creative will be clickable. You may see an error. The error you may see is:
Your click was successful and should track correctly Warning: This creative is not using the ExitApi. The Google-hosted ExitApi is required to make a select area of the creative clickable. Without the ExitApi, a click on any portion of the creative will click through to the landing page set in AdWords. If this is intended, please note your click was successful and should track correctly.
Manual Export Process:
If you’d like to avoid using the Hype Export script, below is a list of things the export script above takes care of for you:
- File > Advanced Export
- Make sure IE6-8 is unchecked.
- Ad.size automatically added to the
<head>of your document. Example:
<meta name="ad.size" content="width=300,height=250">
- In Advanced Export, use these options:
- Select your .html file and the resources folder and ctrl + click on it. Click ‘Compress’ to make a zip file.
- You won’t be allowed to use any external runtime URLs for the Hype library – Google won’t allow it.
- Ad not appearing? Make sure you don’t have any ad blockers on.
If you have any other recommendations, please reply below.