Tumult Hype Animations Wordpress Plugin

Thanks Daniel,
I had to put a class (min-width: 100%) to see it correctly. The font is now correctly view, keeping the responsive layout. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Daniel, @MarkHunte,

Anyway to use the shortcode of Hype wordpress plugin in PHP code files?

I build a animation header menu for our sites, and upload it in wordpress by Hype plugin, we can use other shortcode works in PHP file on out sites, but the shortcode of Hype wordpress pLugin does not work.

So, our theme technical support would like to know how to use shortcode of Hype plugin in Php code files, would you please check these post and let me know whether it is possible: https://seventhqueen.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-sidewide-hide-theme-header-and-input-a-shortcode-menu

thanks

Alex

Hi everyone and @Daniel,

We are having issues with the plugin. Once a shortcode is entered into the page and we view it we are seeing a JS 404 error in the Console - any ideas why? It looks like the plugin is either not able to write this file to the site or maybe the reference/link to the file is incorrect? This is the console error we are seeing -

GET http://smmt-co-uk.smmt.wp.kr.strategiesuk.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/hypeanimations/2/SMMTUKeconomy.hyperesources/smmtukeconomy_hype_generated_script.js?33312 404 (Not Found)

You may be able to use the shortcode in the method that he described (do_shortcode), but it would be a lot easier to just upload your document and then click 'copy code' in the line item for the uploaded document to get your embed code. In your post here, you don't have the full URL of the Hype document included so it is likely not displaying.

That's odd -- can you share more info about the error in a private message? If you can share login info I can see what might be going wrong here. The plugin places uploads in wp-content/uploads/hypeanimations/# Where # is the ID of the upload which will automatically increment. So one thing I would check on your end is that you haven't adjust the 'content URL' value: content_url() – Function | Developer.WordPress.org.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Perform an Action when Visible

Hello,

When I try to activate the plugin in my WP DIVI site I get the error:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /var/www/vhosts/sempi1.metalesdeinversion.com/httpdocs/testwp/wp-content/plugins/tumult-hype-animations/includes/adminpanel.php on line 404

I’ve checked permissions and all are in rwx rwx rwx.

Thanks in advance.

Was this downloaded from the official plugin repository? Do you have PHP 5.4 or later?

1 Like

Our PHP version was not 5.4.

Now I have a problem displaying an oam with flexible design (sorry, I don’t know the exact words, my hype is in spanish). If I use a file without resizing objets it works fine in my WP, but if the objects has some resizing it is not displayed.

If I test the exported html in my browser it works fine.

Thanks in advance.

I don't recommend using responsive settings for the height dimension unless you have a good understanding of your Wordpress theme. Are you using scale properties on both width & height?

There's many threads here regarding flexible layouts and embedding in Wordpress (though there are not any in Spanish). The quick fix is to disable the 'height' scale checkbox. A bit more info here:

Here's how to determine how a responsive document (on the width dimension) will behave in your Wordpress theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwkJTtuGLc. That video was created prior to the Wordpress plugin, but the same rules apply. (The part that no longer applies is the part regarding FTP uploads, since the plugin handles that).

1 Like

It worked disabling height.

Thanks!!

One more thing… Is there any way to make the animation start only when it is visible?

Thanks.

Yup, here’s info on that: https://tumult.com/hype/documentation/3.0/#viewport-actions – Make sure you embed the animation using the ‘div’ method (the default) not the ‘iframe’ method.

1 Like

Once again: Thanks!! It worked.

Every time I suggest anybody to start using Hype I say it is not only Hype, it is Hype and the best support ever.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Troubleshooting Blank Shortcode for Wordpress Plugin

Updated to 1.7.4

• Smarter sorting, so your most recently-updated Hype animations are shown at the top of the admin window
  • Fully compatible with WP 5.0.1, but I didn’t really do much here except test it and update a couple strings.

Reminder: If you like this plugin, rate it on the Plugin page :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks! At one point we need a block, though. At least it would be nice.

Hi @Daniel,

I noted that you upgrade the plugin, and the new feature is great.

For a same Hype document, the sizes are different between oam and folder of export.

After unzipped the oam file, I found the difference is the default.png file, it is really big size, here is example:

one 2.4 MB project will export a 6 PNG image in OAM file.

what the png image is used for? can I delete it and then zip and change the format back to OAM and upload to wordpress?

Thanks

Alex

This can be safely deleted -- it is used by other platforms as a thumbnail, but it is not used by Wordpress.