Tumult Hype Animations Wordpress Plugin

I’m not able to reproduce the issue on IE8 or IE11… does this happen at a specific time or on load? Any chance you could provide a translation for the error as well?

Did you make any modifications to the document or do an Advanced Export?

Are you using a specific VM? (If it is from MS, let us know).

Hello @jonathan

please check my site at https://www.lovcour.com

you will find it happens on load.

our server is on VM, with HHVM+Nginx+Redis cache

Frankly, I am not sure where the errors from.

Alex

How did you export the site? I’m guessing you might have used Advanced Export and the Support Internet Explorer 6-9 box is unchecked?

This is a bug, but the workaround is to check that box (especially because you do seem to want to support IE 8-9 at least!)

3 posts were split to a new topic: Large OAM fails uploading via Hype Animations Wordpress Plugin

I am getting warnings after latest update when uploading and replacing Hype OAM through plugin and the embeds don’t load the Hype script files as they don’t find them.

**Warning** : rename(XXX/wp-content/uploads/hypeanimations/tmp/Assets/information_box_max_2.hyperesources,XXX/wp-content/uploads/hypeanimations/tmp/Assets/index.hyperesources): No such file or directory in **XXX/wp-content/plugins/tumult-hype-animations/includes/adminpanel.php** on line **184**

Update: This seams to be an issue with " " (whitespaces) in the OAM file name!

Pull requests welcome! A warning should be sent when this is attempted…

Thanks, I think I did not check the I.E. compatibility:slight_smile:

I am using the hypeanimations shortcode on a couple of my WordPress pages. At what point in the WordPress action hook sequence does the Hype js file load?

I ask because I would like to load a specific js file, via the wp_enqueue_scripts action hook, BEFORE my Hype js file loads.

Cheers,
Quint

The Hype JavaScript will be loaded just as if you had the embedded JS on the page. The page is rendered by the server for each request (or during any caching). So if you had a wp_enqueue_scripts function setup, this would likely place the JS code within the head. So just placing it there should do the trick.

If you’re doing anything that depends on a Hype file being loaded, then you should be waiting for the HypeDocumentLoad event. You could wrap any ‘run this after Hype has loaded’ functions in something like this:

<script>

function documentHasloaded(hypeDocument, element, event) {
    // Do something here...
  }

if("HYPE_eventListeners" in window === false) {
    window.HYPE_eventListeners = Array();
  }
  window.HYPE_eventListeners.push({"type":"HypeDocumentLoad", "callback":documentHasloaded});

</script>
1 Like

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive response, Daniel. “Likely” is correct, that is, if one does not change the default.

1 Like

I have uncheck “Protect from External Styles” (https://blog.tumult.com/2018/01/19/easy-embedding-html5-animations-in-wordpress-with-the-official-hype-animations-plugin/), but I do not see the font used by the Wordpress template… if instead I try to use a custom CSS font from hype (version 3.6.7), uploading the widget OAM, I do not see the font… I see a Times font (safari on Macintosh MBP). Is there a custom font bug with the OAM widget? Wordpress v. 4.9.6, plugin Wordpress v. 1.7.2. Thanks.

This should work as expected if you select the ‘iframe’ embed method. When embedding using the <div> method, the head of your Tumult Hype document is not included. The iframe method includes the CSS reference to the webfont in the head of your document.

Here’s another way – not really recommended: Copy the Webfont CSS into the inner HTML of a rectangle. Since you can have Style tags anywhere in Html, this allows you to load a webfoot without using the <head>...</head> area.

Alternatively, you could add the code representing your font to your Wordpress theme.

Thanks Daniel,
I had to put a class (min-width: 100%) to see it correctly. The font is now correctly view, keeping the responsive layout. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Daniel, @MarkHunte,

Anyway to use the shortcode of Hype wordpress plugin in PHP code files?

I build a animation header menu for our sites, and upload it in wordpress by Hype plugin, we can use other shortcode works in PHP file on out sites, but the shortcode of Hype wordpress pLugin does not work.

So, our theme technical support would like to know how to use shortcode of Hype plugin in Php code files, would you please check these post and let me know whether it is possible: https://seventhqueen.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-sidewide-hide-theme-header-and-input-a-shortcode-menu

thanks

Alex

Hi everyone and @Daniel,

We are having issues with the plugin. Once a shortcode is entered into the page and we view it we are seeing a JS 404 error in the Console - any ideas why? It looks like the plugin is either not able to write this file to the site or maybe the reference/link to the file is incorrect? This is the console error we are seeing -

GET http://smmt-co-uk.smmt.wp.kr.strategiesuk.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/hypeanimations/2/SMMTUKeconomy.hyperesources/smmtukeconomy_hype_generated_script.js?33312 404 (Not Found)

You may be able to use the shortcode in the method that he described (do_shortcode), but it would be a lot easier to just upload your document and then click 'copy code' in the line item for the uploaded document to get your embed code. In your post here, you don't have the full URL of the Hype document included so it is likely not displaying.

That's odd -- can you share more info about the error in a private message? If you can share login info I can see what might be going wrong here. The plugin places uploads in wp-content/uploads/hypeanimations/# Where # is the ID of the upload which will automatically increment. So one thing I would check on your end is that you haven't adjust the 'content URL' value: content_url() – Function | Developer.WordPress.org.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Perform an Action when Visible

Hello,

When I try to activate the plugin in my WP DIVI site I get the error:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /var/www/vhosts/sempi1.metalesdeinversion.com/httpdocs/testwp/wp-content/plugins/tumult-hype-animations/includes/adminpanel.php on line 404

I’ve checked permissions and all are in rwx rwx rwx.

Thanks in advance.

Was this downloaded from the official plugin repository? Do you have PHP 5.4 or later?

1 Like