Google Adwords (Google Ads) Best Practices

Great, that worked. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

If anyone has suggestions for improving this post, please let me know! I know this is a moving target :dart: (And I don't create ads personally)

Hello,

I created a test hype document for google ads, there are "exit" and "exit overrid" setting.

I tried both of them to export DoubleClick DCM like this way:

WechatIMG166

but failed to test the target url on " Landing Page Validation" with the export zip file at HTML5 Validator,

here is the hype document:
test.hype.zip (96.9 KB)

and here is the exported file:

test.zip (76.4 KB)

would you please let me know where should set target url? or why it does not work please?

Thanks

The target URL is set on Google's site -- when you add an 'exit', the exit is dynamically written when publishing the ad. So you can remove the 'mouse click' -- > Go to URL action.

You're using the DCM export script, and you're here on the Adwords thread -- which one are you using?

Based on your export .html file, I can see it is missing a clickTag URL for the exit. See at the top:

<script>
		var clickTag = "";
	</script>

This value is set for the DCM Export Script via the Document Inspector's Export Script Arguments section:

arguments

As @Daniel points out, this is not for the AdWords export script.

I'm getting the "missing click tag check" fail in HTML 5 Validator. This thread says to add an "exit" action but I can't find the option in Hype. Has swomething changed since these last posts?
2021-12-21_19-30-23

The exit is not a default option in Hype; it is provided by the installation of an Export Script. Please see:

The AdWords export script doesn't have an exit option; it might be that instead you need to use the the "DoubleClick Campaign Manager" one instead?

Someone help me with Clicktag.
How can I add clicktag to adwords creative? I don't see ''AdWords exit'' in the action inspector section.
I have intalled adword export script.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that AdWords does not want a custom exit like a clicktag.

Instead you may want to use the "DoubleClick Campaign Manager" export script, which supports using a clickTag via the Document Inspector and also adds an Exit to the action menus.

What export script do I have to use to export my creatives exactly like the screenshot one? Basically, I want ​my indext code to include the codes that I marked with red on the screenshot.

Thanks

DoubleClick Campaign Manager ("DoubleClick DCM" in Hype's UI after installation) is the one you want.

https://tumult.com/hype/export-scripts/DoubleClickDCM/DoubleClickDCM.pkg

Please help me in here.

I don't see a post there; I assume you mean this thread?

I successfully submitted a campaign to Adwords with retina images in it. Just mentioning this because #3 above states that they're not supported. Following that link, it appears Google Ads Editor can't use retina. But a Hype ad with them works just fine.

2 Likes

Great to know, and you just added them to Hype normally?

Yes. I create 2× images that I add to Hype, but I turn off the "Automatically optimize when exporting" option.

Originally my ads were rejected, not because of images, but because I was trying to use the official Hype CDN. The ads passed Google's validator using the CDN though, which I think is interesting.

2 Likes