Welcome on board! Please introduce yourself šŸ–

Hi! My name is Suresh

I work in IT Industries and I creating websites.

I live in Mumbai, India.
My native language is English and Hindi.

I recently completed 7 years as ā€˜UI Developerā€™.

My background is in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Photoshop. I have created several HTML5 Websites as well as banners for use across the web. Iā€™m looking forward to getting involved with the community here.

Nice to meet everyone! Iā€™m very happy to be here.

-Suresh

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Gabriel arroyo Estacio,
Iā€™m writer and musician from Caracas, Venezuela. I speak Spanish and Italian. Using Hype since yesterday.
I would like to learn how to use it to develop books and educational applications for children. And yes, Iā€™m a beginner. I have some animating experiences using Anime Studio (Moho) and LightWave 3D.
My favorite animations are the cut out type.

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Barry (biflower7) and Iā€™m new to your forumā€“just signed up for an account. Iā€™m a beginner who would like to be able to create animated gifs for my (non-commercial) personal website. Iā€™m trying to get some INFORMATION that will help me decide if the Tumult software application is right for me. It sounds like what Iā€™ve been looking for (outgrown Giphy online), but I need some answers.

Iā€™m running a Mac OS Mojave and my website is not a Word Press but a Wix platform (if that makes any difference). I contacted Tumult support yesterday, asking if I needed to know HTML code, and Danial M. was good enough to get back to me: ā€œYou do not need to know HTML to use Tumult Hype, but it is helpful.ā€

Okay, but how far can I go without needing the ā€œhelpfulā€ HTML? At what point? (How much code do you have to know to find it ā€œhelpfulā€?) Does this mean, say, I can create amateur gifs that will suffice for an average personal website, but if I want to get really professional then I need to know code? Iā€™m hope it means this, because I donā€™t have the time to learn more than the simple standard HTML codes. And if this means that I stay at the level of what is possible with Giphy, then I donā€™t want to waste my time (and maybe money) learning the application only to find out, after a lot of time spent, that this application isnā€™t for peopleā€“complete novicesā€“like me. Iā€™m looking to create eye-catching gifts for my website, but not the state-of-the-art kind that only a professional could create.

If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Canā€™t decide what my ā€œfavorite animated filmā€ is. Itā€™s a toss-up between Yellow Submarine and Aladdin. :wink:

Thank You,
Barry

1 Like

@biflower7
HYPE can be used by anyone, novice or professional.

Do you need to know how to code? No.
It does help if you do know how to but you donā€™t need to. I canā€™t code (not a finger), but I think Iā€™ve come up with some pretty decent HYPE projects over the years with the help of this forum (and a lot of copy-paste :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Most time I spend here is reading and learning from other posts, and downloading source files then picking them apart to see how things ā€˜tickā€™ then apply that to my own work. The search function is also a great help as many questions have come by over the past years and got answered too.

Whether or not HYPE is something for you, only you can decide but I can tell you one thing, you will never find a more supportive and helpful developer team and forum members then on these forums.

Ps, oh hi, welcome!:smile:

3 Likes

Hi Rick, THANK YOU for the very helpful reply! Youā€™ve told me what I needed to know.
Btw, what are ā€œsource filesā€? Can you give me an example?

Looking forward to being part of the forum,
BF

A post was split to a new topic: Removing elements from an image

As in the source of animations - .hype documents. A lot can be learned by opening them in Hype and seeing how other animators have structured their scenes/animations.

• Iā€™m Dustin in Carson, CA
  • I have a technology, music, art, photography background
  • Native language is English
  • Iā€™m a biginner
  • Here to gain knowledge to better communicate across devices
  • Favorite film of late is Coco
2 Likes

Hi there. Iā€™m Furman currently out of the Raleigh NC area. Product/furniture designer for the retail display industry (furniture for displaying products @ retailers and exhibition trade shows). Very ā€œlow-techā€ stuff :grin:

After working in San Francisco for a rather short stint (2017), I fell in love with the tech community (and the city). Intuitively knew there existed ways in which I could somehow bridge the gap between digital technology and with what I already do. I have always been very interested in mobile app dev on the iOS platform, but never thought of myself as capable of actually doing it. And maybe I wonā€™t be. But first comes the learning process so I can find out if I pass or fail at it.

Currently learning native iOS development using the Swift language and Xcode. New to this coding thing, but the Storyboard / Interface builder helps me a lot as Iā€™m a very visual guy. And thatā€™s what I like about Hype (which I only found by accident yesterday). At the outset it appears extremely user friendly for Mac nuts like me.

I think Hype may just be the tool I can use to create interfaces such as:

• Interactive museum exhibits
  • informational kiosks for retailers
  • e-learning applications

Glad to have found this program and forum!

3 Likes

My name is Simon, from Italy, Iā€™m a web services free lance and a trainer/teacher.
Iā€™m using Hype to create more interactive widget for the web and I know Hype since 2015 but Iā€™m surely a beginner.
Before using Hype, I remember there was Adobe Director and tried to use Adobe Flash as well, but I found Hype is more oriented to the web services.
I hope to learn from this community!
Hi

3 Likes

Hi, big smile and hugs to everyone.
In my real life, everyone is calling me Jay which is actually not my official name by Iā€™m fine with.
Natively speaking Polish and German with a usable level of good English.

Many years in my life have passed working in front of a screen, but have never managed to get any kind of recognised certificates in graphic design or similar discipline. In times where I was making decisions about my adult career, graphic design was not a keyword more like a play-word and I have ended up with a qualification in civil engineering and donā€™t fancy it.
Today I do have serious plans to get back to education to expand my knowledge and to get certification in a Creative profession.
Alright, that will be not so easy, ā€˜smileā€™.
At this moment Iā€™m living in North West England, but this is a variable which could be changed at any time.
Where do you call home? I wish to find an answer to this question soon.

I canā€™t remember anymore which was my first computer the Commodore 64 or Atari but the next big one where I was most excited and done first serious job with has a big heart inside. The Internet has only command lines like the Linux terminal and was truly loud. You could hear the packets squeezing through the telephone line.
Somewhere around 1995, I have discovered the Monzoom 3D which was a kind of hype in my life and the world in my head has changed since then.
The Monzoom 3D was sold to another company and I couldnā€™t afford the switch.
This was my end with 3D for many years and when I think about I get depressed.
One day I have discovered Blender and I fell in love, Blender has returned a smile on my face when I think about 3D.

Have successfully accomplished a few freelancing projects for small to medium customers.
Which software do you like and use mostly?
Blender following by Ps, Ai, Ae and for the last two years, the Affinity is approaching the race very quickly.
Since yesterday is the Hype Pro in my house as well and Iā€™m excited to learn and to use. To be honest, Hype has a lot of potentials and Iā€™m absolutely new to the Hype.

What is my favourite animated film?
Definitely, Pepa Pig!

4 Likes

Hi there,

Iā€™m Cath. Iā€™m an editor of a scientific journal, based in Denmark. Previously a science writer for a popular science magazine here in DK. Iā€™ve made a few projects with Hype in the past couple of years and Iā€™m currently testing out the trial of Hype 4. Iā€™d still call myself a beginner, perhaps a novice. But I donā€™t think I could stretch to ā€œadvancedā€ until Iā€™ve mastered javascript and all of the super cool new features of Hype 4! A few of my projects are available at my portfolio and blog: www.cathjex.com

Iā€™ve been searching these forums for a couple of years to trouble shoot my own animations. But Iā€™m starting to learn javascript now, so I think I will need to ask a few questions directly. And perhaps Iā€™ll be able to help out other novices/beginners like myself in return!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, this is Martin, living in Europe.
I am in the computer business since 1986 and tried out many cool tools since then. I saw good products coming and unfortunately going as well. Mostly because they were bought to death from larger companies.
Although I have a Hype license for quite a while, I havenā€™t had too much opportunities to play around with it.
The trouble is, that I am into too many different things, from video to photo, from websites to letterhead design from 3D-Vista-Panos to Garage-Band-Music. No focus at all - and time is running.
Anyway, letā€™s see how far I get with my second approach to Hype .

6 Likes

Hi Allā€¦ :wave:

My name Muhammad Ilham, living in Bali - Indonesia.
Iā€™m web developer and digital marketing consultant. Had join this forum since 2017.
I just update all the links on my previous post on this forum, because the past links all located on dropbox when Hype 3 still have integration with them.

All my past animations can accessed on https://animation.jasawebbisnis.com
By the way, Please review and commentsā€¦
I hope you love it and hopefully I can create new animation with the new Hype 4 again.

Warm regards from :heart: Bali

3 Likes

Hi Martin,

You put a smile on my face, I recognize your focus situation very well. I have used Hype a few times though for illustration some concepts and it was great. Hype is one of the tools in my large tool chestā€¦

1 Like

Hi there, happy to join the forum.
We have published 110 medical iBooks in the Apple Book Store and the books are waiting for more interactive content in the next revision, hope Hype can help us.
Who we are?
Med | Learn | eXperience form Amsterdam
http://mlx.amsterdam

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Neale,
Lucky enough to have been teaching in The Bahamas for nearly 30 years. Iā€™m new to Hype and looking to use it for creating an interactive website for my students.

As I play with different parts of Hype I found an oddity which I hope someone can explain. When I create a rectangle I can expand or contract it with JS, but if I create a vector line it will only contract (using setPrpoperty). Can anyone explain please? My goal is to create lines of random length using values from JS Random. These will be superimposed on a ruler and students will input an answer which will be automatically marked.

2 Likes

Welcome @Neale! Vector Shapes under-the-hood are SVG elements contained within a HYPE_element div. If your code is just changing the width/height CSS properties of the element, then it wonā€™t affect the inner SVG code. The general solution would be to use a CSS transform:scale(), but note that Hype often wants to control the transform property. In some cases you may be able to get away with using it (if you check ā€œPosition with CSS left/topā€ in the Document Inspector), but ultimately the best and supported approach is going to be to use setElementProperty() with the "scaleX" and "scaleY" keys. You could probably also do transforms on the SVG or inner path, but we reserve the right to change this in the future as well, and it is unsupported.

Thank you for your quick response. I did have some success with scaleX, so Iā€™ll keep working with that. My project has little bits and pieces in varying states of completion. Iā€™ll be looking for more inspiration as I progress.

1 Like

Hi every one!!!

Iā€™m known as Dr Popet, Game developer, Puppet master and Paranormal investigator.

Iā€™ve been working on multimedia since year 2000 and believe it or not Iā€™m still using flash AS2 to make games. Flash is dying, but I just love it, so this year I decided to start over and is so difficult for me after so many years, more than a 100 games (advergames) for big companies, more than 40 complete flash web pages and 60 hybrid pages and so on. I just found HYPE PRO after studding a little bit of Python and LUA languages, play a little bit with Scratch and Game Maker Studio 2 and Iā€™m so exited about how HYPE PRO seems

I start a project few years ago about inclusive technologies. the project is C1ic.mx, a site where you can navigate, listen music, play video games and more using a single clic and is a most! to migrate all contents to web without using flash

This is a new beginning, and hope to make for hype what I did for flash

http://c1ic.mx/

Check out my mini arcade project

http://c1ic.mx/arcade/

7 Likes