Welcome on board! Please introduce yourself šŸ–

Lovely games, welcome DrPopet.

Very nice games. In fact one click simple games are more popular on app stores. I know you are a programmer, but in case if you ever look for assistance in converting them to html5 feel free to message me. :slight_smile:

Of course I need help, I just now how to program in AS2, soā€¦ all the games have been made these last 20 years is going to be lost, Iā€™m learning different tools to remake some of them and make new ones.

Hello, Iā€™m Fred short for (Freddy) and I work in the eLearning industry as a multimedia developer. I live in northern Virginia and I speak three languages (Spanish, English, and German). I recently discovered Hype and wish I had done it sooner but I guess is better later than never. So Iā€™m a beginner, I havenā€™t created a project yet-however I am working my way to get started. The first design/animation tool I started with was Adobe-Flash back in 2009 when I was pursuing an animation education. Apart from that I have been exposed to all the Adobe applications, I still use them a lot. My favorite animated film is Big Hero 6, I think is pretty great!

I will mostly be using Hype to build eLearning, but open to use it for other areas of multimedia like animation, mobile gaming, ebooks, etc. I think is really exciting how powerful this tool is for mostly anything, and excited to join the fun with the rest of you!

6 Likes

JC here. Been in learning for a few. Call Oakland, CA home. English is my first language. So far Iā€™ve made a countdown sequence using the text of my current teamā€™s acronym. Started using Hype while on vacation and jet lagged in Japan. Hype in the first animation nut to crack for me. Right now, digging on Into the Spider-verse though Iā€™ve had a favorite favorite.

3 Likes

Hello from across the bay! :slight_smile:

Hi, Iā€™m Philippe, a French ITC Coordinator.
I live in a small village near Dole in the Jura, France
Iā€™m a French locutor but I can speak English (as you may see !) and undestand Spanish.
Iā€™m using Hype for small animations. I can say Iā€™m an advanced user in ITC uses but a novice in www coding languages (javascript, htmlā€¦-

3 Likes

Welcome Philouā€¦

ITC as in Internet telecommunications? The acronym stands for many things https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITC

Bonjour Max,
Non, ITC pour RĆ©fĆ©rent des Usages NumĆ©riques en classe. Cā€™est (il me semble) lā€™acronyme anglais puisque je mā€™Ć©tais prĆ©sentĆ© en anglais.

1. Hello everyone I am 30 year old gamer, coder and introvert
  2. I work in warehouse
  3. My country i guess is my home? Though thats a big statement. I live with parents currently but i will be moving out soon
  4. Romanian
3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Tom.

Iā€™m a high school science teacher. Will be retiring in less than 1 year ā€¦ in order to:

Iā€™ve been developing The Physics Classroom website (www.physicsclassroom.com).
I live in the US - Chicago area - and English is my native language.
Iā€™m a beginner/novice user and always looking to stretch myself towards a more advanced user.

Iā€™ve used Hype to create numerous interactive elements and animations for my website - most particularly, the Concept Builders section. Moving forward, I hope to continue using Hype to augment the website with interactive modules and simulations.

I got started with this world in 1989 with HyperCard and HyperTalk. Soon I was using Director back when Macromedia owned and later when Adobe took it over. I currently rely a lot on Hype and on LiveCode. Iā€™m trying to improve my JavaScript skills each day.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

5 Likes

Hi, every one!
I am David Weiss from China! as you know there are still not so many users in china, who are using the tumult hype pro. and I am still a new man yet! haha.
would you please sent me some video about how to use it.
thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Welcome! Thereā€™s a lot of video tutorials on this page:

If youā€™re in China then you probably wonā€™t be able to view the YouTube version. After clicking on a given video, thereā€™s a small ā€œDownload video as .mp4ā€ link in the popup that you can use to get the file direct from our servers.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tutorial, Jonathan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!

Iā€™m Ricardo Lobao, learning experience designer and entrepreneur at Madrid (Spain).

My native language is Spanish.

Iā€™m planning on using Hype for educational and entertainment purposes.

Iā€™m actually quite a beginner at Hype.

Iā€™m delighted to be among Hype enthusiasts and willing to learn as much as possible.

See you on the forums! :smile:

6 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m an in-house graphic designer just getting started with Hype and animation. Primarily Iā€™m looking to use the app to create infographic style videos to share on social media, especially Facebook and Instagram.

A few weeks ago I started learning Adobe After Effects, but the subscription model and overall approach of the software is quite daunting. Hype seems more pared down and intuitive, so Iā€™m hoping the learning curve will be less extreme as Iā€™d like to start creating the simple animated videos my Pacific NW company needs.

I am a little concerned that there is no native audio export. That seems strange. Iā€™m starting with the two week trial though and hope the software impresses in all other respects.

Iā€™ve found forums really helpful learning other software, so I look forward to learning from all of you.

Cheers

5 Likes

Hello everybody,

Iā€™m an Australian teacher of Japanese, and Iā€™d like to use Hype to make interactive language learning content because thatā€™s how languages are most effectively learned - interactively. Years ago I learned just enough about what is now called Adobe Animate to make some basic interactives published as .swf. My students were able to use those interactives to look at words written in Japanese, mouseover the words to see a translation, and click to the words to hear them spoken aloud.

Iā€™d like to do the same kind of thing with Hype, and Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll need a lot of help for some things - Iā€™ve seen some very technical conversations between highly skilled and knowledgeable people here, but I donā€™t have anywhere near the knowledge to understand them. Donā€™t let that put you off though - this will be your chance to sharpen your own skills (both Hype and communication skills) by getting through to the clueless but eternally grateful newbie! :laughing:

Anyway, Iā€™m looking forward to the whole learning experience. 悈悍恗恏ļ¼yoroshiku!

3 Likes

Iā€™m from the same background but recently retired. I found Hype to be a huge plus for online product demonstrations, etc. I created several hundred items and projects with it. One of my best was a detailed product overview for a window shutters manufacturer. It involves no JS - just straight Hype. Go to ohair.com and scroll down a bit. (I havenā€™t checked it out in a while and donā€™t know how well maintained it is.)
The presentation can be navigated start to finish by hitting the white arrow at the right. Make sure to roll over everything as there are some layered things. One can also jump directly to sections by clicking on the large buttons beneath. Note that it is responsive, so try resizing the window. The rest of the site is filled with Hype content - banners, rollovers, etc.

There are others who are far better with Hype than me - the JS pros - but it is amazing what you can accomplish without any coding at all.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Hype Site: Ohair Design

Hello Hype users of the Universe!

• My name is Patrick McLean.
  • I work in the Automotive Industry by day and have many computer related interests as a hobby.
  • I live in Oxford, MI USAā€¦ However, I am Canadian born and have an addiction to Tim Hortonā€™s coffee.
  • I speak and write English poorly but thatā€™s all I got and I am envious of those who speak multiple languages.
  • I have worked on website design, motion graphics, video editing and programming as a Dad trying to run ahead to learn computer technologies to help my two daughters in school.
  • I have learned enough to be dangers in the learning to program arena and am now trying to submerse myself into learning Hype more in the evenings.
  • I class myself as a beginner because I like to work on tasks beyond my understanding to eventually get better through osmosis if not perseverance toward a goal.
  • My favorite design/animation tool includes the Adobe Production Suite of tools with a fascination for After Effects.
  • If I had a chance to reset my current career, I would like to be a full time animator.
  • I started animated drawing on paper and doing paper cut-out animation. However, when I was younger I enjoyed Magic and puppet shows as a kid.
  • Since I like the topic of animation overall, it is hard to pick a favorite animated movie. I do not play games very often, however, I recall playing the ā€œThree Stooges Gameā€ on the Amiga 2000 which is beyond fun. (o:
  • I am very excited to dive into learning Hype more.
  • Ultimately, I plan to create some interactive training tools that use ā€œdrag and dropā€ methods to have the user create pretend mechanical or electrical devices online and apply problem solving methods to help teach others to solve problems on their own in an Engineering environment.
  • I look forward to contributing to the forum after I learn more how to help. Thank you! PM
4 Likes