Welcome on board! Please introduce yourself 🖐

Hi all,

My name is Paul Randall and I’ve been developing websites since 1997 and currently create them on Wordpresss with the site builder Oxygen. I purchased Hype for the first time yesterday and am enjoying it very much.

I’ll add more to this later but I thought I would just say hi for now and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

5 Likes

Welcome @paulrandall ,

love seeing more Oxygen users here. They represent the perfect balance between a visual approach with the willingness to understand and use the underlying web stack. I actually own an Oxygen license myself.

Regards from a fellow user @MaxZieb

1 Like

Hi all,
my name is Paolo. I’m from Padua, Italy.
My primary work is in a printing house (offset + digital) but I also follow eBooks creation and certification.
I consider myself a beginner Hype user but I have already had some experience in interaction and animation with CSS3, HTML5 and Javascript.
To edit ePubs I use BBedit because it is able to open zipped project.
(suggestion of features to be implemented quickly in Whisk :slight_smile: )

ciao
Paolo

4 Likes

Hi all,

Im rrrmktrrr

I work as a freelance have been 5years work about webdesign and advertising
Im live in Taiwan
I speak Chinese and a bit English.
I ready to use Hype4 on webdesign cases indeed
Im hype4 newbie
For animation project, I'like AE, PR.
My firsrt animation tools is PS for GIF format
My fav animated film is AVatar

3 Likes

Hello!

I’m Simon
I live in the UK
I am a high school teacher of chemistry
I speak English
I make interactive content to help me teach tricky concepts in science. I am hugely grateful for all the help I get on this forum. It really does help to improve my teaching and therefore is helping young people to learn. I am a novice at hype and a beginner (but trying to get better!) at JavaScript. It’s so much harder than chemistry! I only really use hype and affinity designer. My favourite animated film is toy story.

Have a great day!

4 Likes

Hello,

I’m Kevin.
I live in Baltimore, MD
I work in Web Services at the US House of Representatives building/managing websites for Congressional offices.
I speak English
I have made nothing with Hype yet, but am working on my first project having to do with social justice.
I am a beginner with Hype.
I’m an Adobe user - although I’m working to get away from that ecosystem (Affinity/Serif FTW!).
I’m mainly using Hype as a UI/UX component rather than just animation. My first web animation tool was Falsh (<- typo, but I’ll leave it for giggles) Flash.
My fav animated film is anything that keeps my kid’s attention while I tap away at the keyboard.

I have a bit of a goofy side - so prepare yourself!

Hype is a great tool. When I compare it with other products, don’t take it as a ‘this is better than that’ comparison. It’s just easier to reference when I ask questions.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Who are you? Wes Williams, good with words but poor with technology.

Almost any technology, apparently. I even had problems with my can opener at lunch just now.

What is your industry/profession? Online learning.

Right now I'm working for a very small company creating online courses. I primarily research, organize, and write curriculum, but the place is so small that I've been asked to learn Hype and create animated and interactive lessons as well.

Where do you call home? Dallas, the city of large blonde hair

What have you made with Hype – or what are you planning on using Hype for? Nothing yet. I'm working through the Tumult Hype Documentation and online tutorials (at Udemy and one originally created for Lynda.com) but I find there are many things they don't explain well.

I'm really hoping this will be a place where I can ask my noob questions.

Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced? Is there something more basic than "beginner"? :thinking:

4 Likes

Welcome to this awesome, helpful community, @WesW!

In case you're not aware, @Photics recently published A Book About Hype. It's great – in some ways the "missing manual" – and goes from the very basics of using Hype up through introducing JavaScript for more advanced work, accessible to someone who's never programmed before. I imagine you'd get a lot more out of working through his well-designed chapters than watching the online tutorials.

You can see how the book came to be in this thread. While the book's cost may seem a bit high, @Photics is (along with many others) incredibly active and amazingly helpful on this forum. Factoring in his freely-given ongoing support here, along with the Hype templates he also makes freely available, makes the cost seem more than fair to me. (And for the record, I have no financial interest. Just want to make sure you know about this invaluable resource!)

Happy creating! :blush:

9 Likes
  • Marielle
  • Graphic Designer and Learning Enthusiast
  • Florida, USA
  • Spanish
  • I want to start with a catalog of interactions just so I can learn it and have a reference set of files I can come back to.
  • Beginner
  • Cartoon Animator 4, AE
  • Flash
    *I'm more of a Documentary/History film lover.
  • And I've been disgusted by Articulate Storyline price since forever -__-
5 Likes

I am Saeta Hernando (1971), professional illustrator of Spanish origin living in Berlin (Germany) and in continuous learning. I worked twenty years ago in traditional animation (pencil, paper and light table) :sweat_smile: . Later I also did Flash animations but since 2004 I have been more dedicated to children and young people's illustration. Now I am recycling myself in HTML5 animation and recently I discovered Hype. At the moment I don't have much to contribute to the community, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

My intention is to apply Hype to graphic communication and interactive graphic adventures that can be applied to the field of education.

In my profile you can find the link to my website in case you want to know more about my work. I don't put it here to avoid spam :wink:

As for software other than Hype, I usually use Clip Studio Pro, Krita, the Serif Affinity suite, DaVinci Resolve and I'm looking at Godot Engine too. Yes, I turned my back on Adobe.

(I apologize for my not very correct English.)

8 Likes

Hi, I'm,

Chris Kelly
I'm an interactive designer
In the digital marketing department
New Jersey, USA
Speak English and learning Spanish
Looking to create animations to supplement interactive marketing experiences on the web
I'm a beginner with Hype
I've used Flash, After Effects & Cinema 4D
Macromedia Flash was the first animation tool I've used
Monster Inc. is my favorite animated film

4 Likes
  • Hola! My name is Juan Daza
  • My industry: learning in uncertain times
  • Home is a small town in Colombia
  • and spanish is mi native language.
  • I used Hype for some animations and now I'm moving towards interactive learning
  • being a beginner/novice.
  • Love working with Sketch + Mural + Procreate
  • I made some stop motion movies and the Flash and Director games and animations
  • and count me as a Miyazaki fan.
5 Likes

Hello, my name is Luís Carlos Petry. I am 62 years old.
I was born in Brazil, in a southern region, colonized by Germans.
I am a researcher and professor. I work with research that relates mathematical topology, art and psychoanalysis. If you want you can see my channel on YouTube: https://youtu.be/DjtSUIhQ9d4
Where do you call home?
My native language was German and then I learned Portuguese. I read English, French, Spanish, German.
How did I find Hype? Since September of last year I started working with iMac again. I was researching a tool that would behave like Flash and the Director. I also worked a lot with Autgorware. My intention was to be able to export to HTML5. Until then I was using an iSpring plugin for this in connection with PowerPoint.
I found Hype searching the internet and I was impressed with the robustness of the tool. I didn't wait to finish the trial time to register.
I am simply delighted with the work done by Tumult. Hype is an excellent hypermedia authoring tool and I am building classes with it.
I'm a newbie, for sure. An important aspect is the community's collaboration in posting examples that can be transformed by beginners, like me.
I need to study more Java Script and I am looking for a resource for newbies.
I have training in high school of arts and in 3D, my animations are usually 3D - 3D model since the 80's, with Cinema 4D at Comodore Amiga.
My favorite film is 2001 - I love Hall and David.

6 Likes

Hi Petry welcome on these Hype forums!
C4D-er here too, though I really should make time to switch over to Blender... :crazy_face:

I've seen regular post on the forums, 'how to learn more about JS'. This may help you integrating JS with Hype (the book is now available).

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi Rick.
Thanks for the welcome. Finding a community that excels in kindness and collaboration is incredible.
I downloaded Blender and am studying it slowly. The evaluation of a former student of mine is that he looks amazing.
Thanks for recommending the book on Java Script. I'm going to throw myself at him right now.
I'm building a class with Hyper and I would like to put an example of it for colleagues, but I haven't found the place yet. I have read the Forum a lot and I will find it.
A big hug.

4 Likes

Hello All,

• Who are you?
    Reg Dent
  • What is your industry/profession?
    Entertainment industry (performer)
  • Where do you call home?
    Zurich, Switzerland
  • What is your native language?
    English
  • What have you made with Hype – or what are you planning on using Hype for? (Feel free to post screenshots or links!)
    Website animations
  • Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced?
    Beginner
  • What’s your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)?
    Blocs Website Builder and the Affinity range of Apps

I look forward to participating in the forum

Cheers,

Reg

5 Likes

Hype Newb. Been looking for SVG manipulation software for about 2 decades... and so far, Hype is the closest match to what I'm looking for... so that's exciting.

What I really need to do is find out the level of interactivity I can achieve. Basically dynamic SVG.

I've been a graphics professional on and off for about 35 years... mostly 3D animation, but plenty of raster / vector design as well as CAD and other tools.

5 Likes

Hi, I'm Tom. I got Hype 4 from a software bundle that Parallels (Windows emulation software co) released earlier this year. $40 got me Hype 4 Pro, Toast 18 Titanium and a bunch of others; I got the bundle primarily for Hype, since I already had Toast 18 and the other software didn't appeal. Long story short, I love Hype 4 and can't wait til 5 comes out (at some point) and hope that a much-mentioned bone-based animation feature makes its way into the mix, especially since Adobe Flash is about to vanish from the earth :frowning: .goomba

4 Likes

Hello, great community.

I am Yusuf Altun from Turkey. For now, I am working as an editor (education and children’s books). I have graduated from science education and working on my PhD dissertation related with STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Education.

I haven’t finished any project with hype, yet. But I'm planning to work on some educational content. I think there are lots of great works made with Hype, and Hype has really great potential. Thanks Hype Team for such a software.

My favorite design tool is Affinity Suite (other than Hype). My favorite animated film was Finding Dory.

I feel happy for being a member of this friendly community. I hope I can contribute with something.

7 Likes

Re-introducing myself (again). It's funny how I looked at my last re-introduction and I was looking to learn ruby on rails and grow in the company I was in. I ended up getting laid off but a few years later I ended up landing my first coding job as an entry level programmer. I've been with that company for 2 years now (it's a startup company) and we just landed our first big client.

Now I am on a mission to start my own company and there is a cool feature for the product I am creating that I'm hoping I can utilize Tumult Hype for. It's good to look back and see where you've come from.

I'm now a Full-Stack developer with a great interest in UI/UX as well as software architecture. I still think Hype is a cool and underused tool, but hopefully now is the time for me to make use of it.

6 Likes