If you're new to the Hype Universe newsletter, welcome! We pack this newsletter with tutorials, incredible Hype projects, tutorials, and the latest news from the Tumult Team. You can read past issues here.
Call for Projects : Do you create instructional material or create textbooks with Hype? Join us in the new Education category on the forums to learn from others and share what you've been working on.
Projects We Love
An impressive scientific visualization demonstrating the way our brains process sounds from different directions, animated by [Dr Bill Heitler] (Problem with controlling looping symbol timelines) / @BillH at the University of St Andrews:
Tutorials & Examples
- @Photics celebrates five years of sharing free Hype templates, with a masking example called 'Spotlight' you can download here.
- @drewbullen covers importing and animating SVGs in Hype in this video tutorial.
- Do you struggle to keep your file sizes low for ads created in Tumult Hype? Here's an export script to exclude retina images in your exports by Hype expert Hans-Gerd Claßen / @h_classen .
‘The main thread that runs through Tumult’s product line is the ability to understand the visual effects of every change that the designer makes. If you’re editing code, the best way to see what’s happening is a live preview. If you’re doing animation, the best way to work is with a visual editor and a visual tool. If you care about the results while using web technologies, Tumult is always keeping both these interests in mind.’
‘It’s a powerful feeling. It’s something that many people felt when Flash was new. There was a sense of exploration and optimism with the Internet. Today, the day is a bit somber. Yet, the fight is still going on. Hopefully, as Ruffle matures and Hype adds even more features, the web will return to those exciting and fun days of Flash.’
Updates to Hype, Whisk, and Hype Reflect
- Hype 4.1.5 includes improvements to video exports, Big Sur and Apple Silicon compatibility, ⌘ + / code line commenting, and a number of bug fixes & localization improvements.
- Whisk 2.5 features support for Apple Silicon Macs, source editor refinements, and translation into six new languages. Learn more here.
- Hype Reflect 2.3, the free preview app companion for Tumult Hype, has been completely refreshed with an array of updates and bug fixes.
To subscribe to future emails, visit this page