Hype LottiePlayer (outdated)

THERE IS ANOTHER VERSION BASED ON HYPE DATA DECORATOR. IT IS BETTER BUT I AM LEAVING THIS ONLINE.

Newer version found here:

This is a alpha version of a Lottie player for Hype. If your not familiar with Lottie then read about it here: Lottie Docs. Basicly you use After Effects and can do pretty awesome stuff. This is also a first attempt to include something more complex into the IDE and I must say we really need some callbacks as the most time implementing this was about ways to find reliable aproaches to monitor changes in the IDE. The Lottie player and the animations files can add up in size. Good thing, the player is written in a modular fashion, so you can exchange the full Lottie runtime for the version you want to use. This demo uses all three renderer (canvas, html, svg) so using only one of them makes it more lightweight.

Lottie/Bodymovin CDN
Lottie Runtime Index

Demo:
HypeLottiePlayer.html

Example Download:
HypeLottiePlayer.hype.zip

Source:
HypeLottiePlayer.js
HypeLottiePlayer.min.js

Version history
0.8 Alpha release under MIT-license

8 Likes

Here is a great online preview tool for iOS and Web.
https://lottie.cloud/

Just use this little “webapp” to preview files …
https://lottie.cloud/app/

I need to rewrite the IDE portion to a full HYPE_element Mutation Observer. Just got sick :sneezing_face::face_with_thermometer::sleeping:

Get well soon! Thanks for all your efforts here.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m having a problem with the IDE preview part. My animation works in the export. But, I can’t see the the preview in the IDE.

I added an animation on one scene, it wasn’t visible, so, I removed the lottie.js and HypeLottiePlayer.js file from my resources, used the CDN links, and got the preview. So, I removed the CDN links and re-added the .js files to my resources (and checked add to <head>) and the preview still shows. However, I duplicated the scene and just changed the name of the .json file to match the one I needed on the other scene, I don’t see any preview there. I tried doing the same what I did for the previous one, but, that didn’t work.

I’m fine with it because at least it works in the export. But, the blank space in the IDE is rather confusing. Any possible reasons about the issue?

The preview part still isn’t perfect but isn’t used in the export. Was my first complex attempt of IDE integration. Needs a version bump, for sure! Can you send me the file?

1 Like

Yeah, indeed. It must have been a really complicated task and it’s still great even though it’s not perfect. A very promising plugin.

Here’s the file: LottieProblem.hype.zip (116.8 KB)

1 Like

I’ll look into it soon, thanks. I already see an error in the IDE console so there is definitely something off in the preview.

1 Like

Want to congratulate your efforts in this area. I’ve been using BodyMovin/Lottie since near it’s inception. Love it.

1 Like

Thanks. Haven’t looked into this for a while and it was only half backed in the IDE preview. The embedding once published should work, though. I stopped writing IDE integrations as there is no official way of doing them and to much effort for it maybe changing in the future.

1 Like