Tumult Hype supports exporting an MP4 video of your animation (using File > Export as Movie > Video…), but it does not currently support exporting audio. Fortunately, it’s pretty quick to do this with Quicktime and Soundflower.
- Export your Tumult Hype document
- Close all other open programs (except for Hype)
- Open Quicktime
- Click File > New Screen Recording
- Next to the record button, click the down arrow to select ‘Soundflower 2ch’ to record your local computer’s audio
- Preview your document (Safari works best)
- Press Record
- Select the area of Safari where your Hype document appears
- Start recording in Quicktime
- Refresh Safari to reload the page
- Once your animation is complete, you can stop recording in Quicktime. Your video can be trimmed within that application a re-exported. (hit command + t to trim)
For more advanced screen recording, we recommend Screenflow or Camtasia.