Best video output for Hype II if using After Effects CC?

Looking to export a video sequence in AE CC (latest Version) and I’m wondering what your guys suggestions would be for an output.

I recommend doing a screencast with Quicktime – this will give you the highest quality video which you can import into AE. From quicktime, you could either work with the .mov format, or export a new .mp4 file. I’m pretty sure AE accepts both.

Because screencasting + animating can be a computationally difficult process, I recommend closing everything but Hype, Safari and Quicktime when you do the recording. In Quicktime, click File > New Screencast.

@AngryYeti To clarify a bit:

Hype does export straight to video, and you will probably get get great results using that method: File > Export as Video > Movie.

If you do see any issues, please let us know. A screen cast using Quicktime is another way to capture your animation and produces a larger video file size.

I think I may have been misinterpreted.

What would be the best way to export a file from AE so that it will nest well into Hype, so same question i guess, but other way around.

Typically web videos need three formats (mp4, ogv, webm), though you can do the conversion outside of AE. Please see our documentation on adding video.

Thanks guys, ill let you know how everything works out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did everything work out well here?