Tips for embedding within a Webview / Standard Xcode Project
A great place to start is @nick’s tutorial to embed a Tumult Hype document within a web view.
Phonegap / Cordova
If you’re hoping to use Phonegap (aka Cordova) to embed your Tumult Hype project:
- First, follow the issue here: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/30/adobe_phonegap_stumbles_over_new/ – It may be that apps created with Phonegap are not able to be sumitted.
- The latest code has a new white-list feature. If you are referencing external hosts, you will have to add the host in PhoneGap.plist under the “ExternalHosts” key. Wildcards are ok. So if you are connecting to “http://phonegap.com”, you have to add “phonegap.com” to the list (or use the wildcard “*.phonegap.com” which will match subdomains as well). (Note: If you open the plist file in Xcode, you won’t need to fiddle with the XML syntax.) For more info, see the documentation.
- Here are two videos which may be helpful: Getting Started & Making an App.
- For help working with Audio, read this post on Low Latency & Polyphonic audio for Phonegap
- ImageAlpha (http://pngmini.com) and ImageOptim (https://imageoptim.com) can help to optimize your image assets.
- The Low Latency Audio plugin will be useful if you need very responsive audio preloaded into memory.
- Our users have also had a good experience with the Clear Cache plugin.
Specific Issues our users have encountered
Opening a link from a Phonegap app in Safari (read more):
- In your .html file, put the following in the
(Use the correct version in place of ###)
Share your tips
Please share any tips you have below!