What the font style does not show on windows?

(Alex) #1

Hello,

I used a font named Zapfino:

but it only display On Mac, and not show up in Windows:

pic_hd

what I missed please?

(Mark Hunte) #2

You have missed giving any other relevant info…
I am sure you know more info helps you get better answers… :wink:

Windows version/s,
What browsers and versions have you tried it in and results.
Is this on one machine or many.
What have you tried outside of setting options in the inspector.

(Loves Hype) #3

Google:

This font seams to be related to Apple-History. So it’s bundled with Mac but for Windows you probably have install it as a webfont.

(Jonathan Deutsch) #4

If you are designing for a wide range of devices, I would recommend changing the Font family list to show “web” as these will only be websafe fonts available on a wide range of browsers/devices, including older ones.

53%20PM

(Alex) #5

oh, I understand now, thanks.

@jonathan, it would be great if there is a option by category or subset choice in hype:

Just like this

You know there are thousand of fonts, and it need so much time to check fonts one by one, what you think?

Have a nice day.

Alex

(Jonathan Deutsch) #6

I’d love to have this, though fonts don’t specifically carry around too much information that is used for categorization; those are probably all manually entered by the libraries. The iOS/Web/Everything category was something that I manually added. So I’m not sure how well we’d be able to do when you can get fonts from anywhere. Last I looked Google Fonts didn’t provide categorization data (and that’s also to say one font directories categories may not be compatible with another’s!). Perhaps there’s a data source somewhere I could use that has font names and categories. It has been a while since the Typography inspector has changed, so I do want to refresh its feature sets soon.

(Alex) #7

Ok, I understand.

and for google Fonts: Serif, Sans-serif, Display, Handwriting, Display, are enough to quick filter fonts STYLE.

But if there is no filter function, that is fine, since fortunately google provide a convenient interface to comparing for choosing Fonts.:

Thanks Again.

Alex

(Jonathan Deutsch) #8

Yeah, I was really bummed out that the google fonts API did not expose everything they have on their website chooser when developing the font panel. They also have a bit of a quicker preview system (since we have to load the font to display the sample text, we can’t really do it for all).