Triangle, polygons elements

(Vitaliy Gorban) #1

Will be nice if people can use at HYPE elements like “triangle” or any “polygons”, it’s really need.
Today i have to use elements from photoshop and then masking or do other things.

Thanks for the request, @VGo!

(Freelancer) #3

@VGo
You can import the SWG format ( made with any vector-drawing app).
with the SWG you can use any kind of shape.

(Tanuj) #4

@multimago

Did you mean SVG? I’ve never heard of the SWG format…, which app uses it?

Also, SVG’s can be resized, but the colour can not be manipulated.

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #5

if you use the svg as sourcecode you’ve got direct access to manipulate apperance …

(Freelancer) #6

yes sorry, typing mistake.SVG

You can change color, stroke line and so on.
Open the shape in an external text editor.
Copy the code and paste it ( with your modifications) in the Text Box ( the inner get box).

(wmpitzer) #7

Also need a line tool with options for various pointers. -BP

(drewbullen) #8

Its the same answer - develop SVGs outside Hype (using Illustrator or Inkscape) and import the SVG code into a blank element.

See here for more details:

(wmpitzer) #9

Thanks for the SVG workaround, but as for a toolset, I still think Hype’s is incomplete without lines, arrows, pointers, triangles, or some variable polygon tool. -BP

(Greg) #10

I agree, and the issue with svg is that you are still using a container to put them in (a rectangle or ellipse) so when a physics elements hits them, they hit the container. If we could apply physics to the innerHTML elements, then we could do some more neat things.

(Courtney) #11

so i take it this feature still hasn’t been added?.. your killing me bro… :sweat::sweat::sweat:

(Pete) #12

@Jonathan, Hype 4.5 maybe? The ability to import/export shapes? Or Stacked Shapes like polygon, elipse, arrows, a few random shapes for starters?

(Jonathan Deutsch) #13

This will be in the next major release. Feel free to apply for the beta.

I can’t make any promises but this is be a good idea :slight_smile:. Of course, there’s nothing to prevent users from sharing their own shapes in a Hype doc that can be copied/pasted.