Simple Pinball game

YES I know, I been out of games for a long time. After I lost the clients of my company (handcrafts company) for this world situation and few months later flash just vanish (lost 20 years of games) I came so down suffering from anxiety and depression, that I couldn't do anything that I like, stop animating puppets, after 10 years I stopped making my Ghosts live podcast show, stop developing games, leave sports for almost a year and more.

I've been helping people here in the forum to make some projects and that keep it me using hype. A couple of months ago people start to call me to make some simple interactive projects and a couple of games and that helped me a lot!

I don't have a regular income yet, but I have to think that now I have all the time I need to do what ever I want, I don't know if it is going to last and I need to take advantage. I'm back in to swimming and I have a couple of weeks fixing my games and creating new ideas.

I have more than 20 games in the process right now, but I need to start slow, finishing incomplete games. So...

The first game is Simple Pinball, you saw this game some months ago, but now is been updated.

Play Simple Pinball

I hope this is a new begining.

8 Likes

This plays really well! (Also has a nice graphics style and music to match).

How much additional code did it involve, and how did you get the bumper behavior and counting to work so accurately?

2 Likes

That's really just a pinch of salt and pepper in custom coding ... this makes it an outstanding example for possible gamedev in Hype :+1:

5 Likes

No additional coding (I don't know how to code); just used hype physics and the collision detection I found in another post (to highlight every time it hits something)

// Fetch physics engine for this hypeDocument
var hypeDocElm = document.getElementById(hypeDocument.documentId());
var engine = hypeDocument.getElementProperty(hypeDocElm, 'physics-engine') 

// Event listener
Matter.Events.on(engine, 'collisionStart', function(event) {

var aElm = document.getElementById(event.pairs[0].bodyA.elementId);
    var bElm = document.getElementById(event.pairs[0].bodyB.elementId);

// Just to test... show some feedback
	aElm.style.borderColor = '#FFFFFF';
	bElm.style.borderColor = '#FFFFFF';
	setTimeout(function(){
		aElm.style.borderColor = '#0080FF';
		bElm.style.borderColor = '#0080FF';
	},100);
});