Setting background or poster image for video elements

Hi all,

I would appreciate some help with the following:

I just included a video in my Tumult template and in my Element Inspector at Background > Fill Style I put an Image as a background.

This image is only visible for a split second, however, what I’m trying to achieve is the following:
I would like to see the background image by default. And only when you hoover over it, the video starts playing.

I figured out how I get the video playing when I hoover over it.
The only thing I can’t seem to figure out is how you can have your static background picture shown by default (instead of the thumbnail (first shot) of the video).

Many thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi Fenna @fennakooijmans,

Is it possible to upload your document so people can have a look at how you are implementing what you are doing. If you .zip up your document and drag it here into your reply it will upload automatically.

I can only assume you are including the video code inside a rectangle element and thus when the video loads on scene it is covering up the background image.

One way to do what you ask is create 2 elements and overlap them and when you hover over the top one the element’s visibility is hidden revealing the underlining video and also at the same time the video plays.

15 posts were split to a new topic: Setting a Poster or Background Image for videos