Persistent background dissapearing

(David Guillermo Escalante Trinidad) #1

The title is quite self explaining.

Im using the scroll to trigger scenes transitions, but Im trying to use a background as persistent symbol so in that way the background stays the same or I can modify the content via “custom behaviors”.

BUT, the background disappears as soon the scene transitions is triggered by the scroll mouse:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67104790/web/buggy_transitions/buggy_transitions.html

Here you can find the .hype document:

@Davirus

Something’s rotten in Denmark…

I have reduced your file down to the bare minimum - just the symbol - set to persistent - with the enclosed image; all code and ancillary files are removed. A mouse click on the image to change scenes.

The symbol disappears as the background is transitioning (what ever the transition style) in the four major browsers; however, if the symbol type is set to standard all works as expected.

I have also started completely from scratch. As soon as the new symbol is converted to persistent, the result is as before.

Project file (set to persistent): Heuristic_6-JHSv1.hype.zip (458.4 KB)

(David Guillermo Escalante Trinidad) #3

Now, this bring a new problem, the background jumps on top when the transition is triggered:
RE-Heuristic_6-JHSv1.hype.zip (403.8 KB)

This makes the transition somewhat awkward since the persisten symbol gets on top of everything else.

While I could work everything in the same Scenes avoiding this problem, the customer liked the idea of jumping between scenes using the scroll wheel.

(David Guillermo Escalante Trinidad) #4

Disabling “display on top during scene transition” causes the initial error to occur.

(David Guillermo Escalante Trinidad) #5

WOW, I can’t believe it but I do believe I MAY found the solution.

Using the information here: Modify the Background Color or Background Image of your Document

I found that making the background transparent actually fix this error:
RE-RE-Heuristic_6-JHSv1.hype.zip (405.8 KB)

Sure, it nows ignore the background color set inside Hype, but its not a big deal now.

@Davirus

Unless there is a compelling reason to have the symbol be persistent, I believe using a “standard” symbol instead works just as You wanted to start with. Note: In the version below I removed the video sequence to save space, otherwise it is just as your original file.

Heuristic_6-StandardSym.hype.zip (2.7 MB)

Hype Function flickers wallpapers
(David Guillermo Escalante Trinidad) #7

Without being the background as persistent, the background, even if its the same, changes / moves with the transitions, its disorienting and cause eye straining.

With the persistent background now it looks like this:
http://gsgpetroleum.businesscatalyst.com/hype/heuristic/#inicio

Got it - looks nice!

(Mark Hunte) #9

Looks great,

( the scroll dose not work on iOS though )

(David Guillermo Escalante Trinidad) #10

In addition to this subject I also found that using this could be a better solution: http://srobbin.com/jquery-plugins/backstretch/

It still requieres the transparent background solution but it fixes the “empty” space that sometimes appears between scene transitions.