Interactive timeline for all hospitals in Amsterdam

We’ve made a interactive timeline for all hospitals in Amsterdam:
VKC
Warning: dutch language only :wink:

It’s already online for a few months now, but I’ve been extremely busy with my other day-job: sounddesign for tv-series and also bought a new house which I need to renovate completely. But now the year is almost over and I finished almost every project. Maybe I’ll have dozens of spare time so back into experimenting and building things with Hype again! Hello again!

6 Likes

cool :slight_smile:

Netjes. :wink:

cool! A complex project that is easy to navigate.
the game of the letters of the titles is fantastic, very nice René!

Great job, René, and Dutch is netjes!

I have noticed that you've disabled 'Allow text selection' on all instances of body text?
Did you do it manually on every text box by unchecking 'Allow text selection'?

textSelection

If yes, I think it is too laborious for projects with lots of text and I was struggling with this myself, looking for a global setting to turn off text selection for ALL text:

That’s right, I’ve disabled ‘Allow text selection’ on all instances, This is because the client installed this on a big touchscreen.
First thing I did, was putting up a complete wireframe on how to build this. Once I made one page, I duplicated this for every ‘year’. So there was no labour work in setting up every page. Although I would like to have a global setting for this.

3 Likes

This definitely gives me ideas for a customer project!

Awesome work and thanks for sharing. When I move along the timeline, the placeholder is also moving from one date to the other. But then, when I jump around the dates the placeholder is also following me. That’s really cool. I wonder how you achieved that.

Looking forward to a reply.

Greg

You mean the brown arrow that's on the left side of the year?
That's al done with javascript, math and the top with setElementProperty.