Hype3 and RapidWeaver 6 with Stacks3

Hello- I’m having a heck of a time trying to get a basic Hype project to display correctly using RapidWeaver 6 with Stacks. Here’s the setup:

• Create a basic Hype Project and Export to HTML5
  • Within RW5, I create a page and add a Stacks HTML page
  • In the Stacks page, I paste the code created from Hype and publish the web site
  • I upload the resource folder in the same directory as the web page will be published
    It is not displayed when I visit the site

I’ve tried creating iFrames, changing the resource path from relative to direct, and a bunch of other things.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

in RW you can embed all hype contents via Resources folder.
Drag all hype files in the Ressources area ( under the pages list in the left panel)

Alternative: You can also load the animation through iframe ( no internal resources) in a stacks page, you should use a stacks with iFrame ( see the attachment) .

something like <iframe> <width=”600px” height=”600px” src=”URL” style=”border:0px” scrolling=”no”></iframe>

Here a project with html iframe and another project with stacks page RapidWeaver_embedding_animation.zip (1.7 MB)

I made also some snippet.

in my opinion is better the iframe solution, more flessible.

hope this helps
Michelangelo

1 Like

forgot…

here some good stacks for RW6
OffSite Stack with responsive iFrame
Commercial Stack by Joe Workman

Embed Stack with iFrame
Free Stack by Stacks4Stacks

1 Like

Thanks @michelangelo

Thank you- Appreciate your time and assistance. I’ll work on that and report back.

In the template you can find multiple ways to embed the animation.
this is the tip

1 Like

Has anyone run into issues embedding Hype 4 HTML 5 into a Foundry HTML Stack?

I've been successful using specified sizes declaring margins in the Hype 4 html, but if I try to create responsive animations they don't show up.

I noticed those use relative margins (100%x100%) and don't appear when the site is previewed.

I'm trying to create an animated banner that spans the page width, it works if I use a RW HTML page, but not with Foundry's stacks.

the html-element that contains a height-responsive hypeexports needs to have an fix height.
in pixels or something like 50vh .... hype will then fill this height

//// a short forumsearch:

1 Like

Thank you @h_classen!