We're closing out this (traumatic, weird, awful) year with another rich email full of inspiring projects, games & tutorials to inspire you to create great things with Hype. Through these last nine months of the COVID-19 crisis, we're grateful to feel connected to you and your creative energies.
If you're just joining this newsletter, you can see past newsletters here.
Animations we Love
- Alex Oleole @laboletory shared a beautifully-animated website for a record label that leads with a fun drum kit elephant. Learn more about Setaboutmusic.com and visit the site.
- José Alejandro Silva Ruiz @DrPopet is back with another addicting one-button game called Play Toggle.
- Sometimes we hear from users who have been quietly building a massive portfolio of Hype Projects. Please enjoy a this quality collection of mobile games at 'Lingrets' by Joohyeon Jin @nextoilet, available on the web and for Android.
Tis the Season to Spread Cheer with Hype
- Where's Santa?
- Cozy up to Princeton Internet Group's collection of Holiday Cards over the years at warmholidaywishes.com.
- Read "Learning Tumult Hype: 15 Lessons to Kickstart your Creative Journey". This series of 15 tutorials with example files is great for beginner or intermediate animators getting started with Hype.
- Our new friend @Saeta created a video tutorial on exporting transparent Hype animations into a video editor.
- @drewbullen created a tutorial showing how to easily create Whiteboard Explainer Video Graphics in Hype, and he's created other great videos on working with SVGs in Hype on his Youtube channel.
- The Anime.js engine is powerful additional tool to leverage inside of Hype. Here's a guide to using it in your Hype projects. (And here's a cute Hippo made with Anime + Hype)
Integrations & Advanced Techniques
- Lazy Load Youtube Videos with @MaxZieb's 'Lite Youtube Embed' system
- Raphii created an Export Script for Adform Studio to speed up your ad-creation workflow. Check out more Hype Export Scripts.
The HTTP Archive's "Annual state of the web report"
Happy Holidays from the Tumult Team, and thanks for reading! If you'd like to recommend a tutorial or share one of your own Hype projects with us, you can reply to this email—we'd love to hear from you.
— Team Tumult