Hype Reflect doesn't work with Ventura

Since switching to Ventura, Hype Reflect no longer works for me. I can't establish a connection, and I immediately receive the message 'Connection to Hype on Mac lost'. My admin has tried several things already, unfortunately without success.

I also run on Ventura and it works for me. Maybe you have some fire wall settings on your company managed device?

1 Like

It worked when I was using Ventura.
Fire walls as Max mentions can be a problem, I remember I did at one point have a connection issue due to mine and I had to exempt my devices IP on my network.

The network may allow only certain port connections between local devices. The discovery of Hype occurs over Bonjour (which is typically allowed) but then Hype on your Mac serves the webpage over a random unused port. It's this port which may be blocked by your local network. Here's a workaround that might help: Sharing Hype documents without WIFI or Internet using an Ad Hoc Network

1 Like

Thanks a lot Daniel. I'll give it a try.

It works again. There was another security setting that restricted the Bonjour service. Our IT has fixed this - everything is fine now.

Thanks for the update, glad you’re back in action!

When I updated to macOS 13.6.3 from the previous version of macOS, Hype Reflect stopped working with Hype 4 Pro. Everything is up to date, and it sees the both iPads I've tried, but it just gives me a blank screen with the normal tool bar on top. I've been all through the system settings to check firewall etc, and nothing is obviously blocking this from working... what am I missing? Thanks!

If Hype Reflect is giving you a blank screen (as opposed to staying at one of the loading screen) that probably means it is connecting and trying to send data, but there might be an issue with serving it or the document. If you see the toolbar with the Show in Safari button, does that also show a blank page when viewed in iOS Safari?

I assume you saw this document from your comment, but if not pleas also make sure to try all the steps here:

It sounds silly, but the first thing I'd try is restarting your mac. Sometimes there are intermittent issues in Hype's connection pipeline that get cleared up this way.

Hey, thanks, I had tried restarting the Mac, but I tried restarting the iPad also after restarting the mac, and sure enough that worked. Love, love, love technology...it just works! [*rolls eyes]

Heh yeah.... I'm glad that at least solved the issue.... :roll_eyes: