Hype LayoutKit (Layout Extension)

This extension is for situations that require a dynamic approach to the rules of your responsive design setup. It allows you to go way beyond the setup you can create in the regular frontend. Hype LayoutHelper offers a callback you can us to feed Hype a specific layout based on your own rules and settings (including MediaQueries written in JS). It now also offers an option to set elements or your document fullscreen.

Demonstration:
https://playground.maxziebell.de/Hype/LayoutKit/

Runtime:
HypeLayoutKit.js
HypeLayoutKit.min.js

Updates:
1.0 Initial release with simple example
1.1 Refactored name, added a "Singleton" check
1.2 Added fullScreen (Hype) and fullScreenElement (Hype, Window)

The Screen Orientation API
(Jonathan Deutsch) #2

Also see @h_classen’s code that can be used in conjunction for this for a smart layout chooser.

(side note: have you thought of putting these on GitHub?)

↑ look at project
I’ll look into Github. Got stuck on Subversion and then time passed so fast :wink: …I’ll refactor the code first to LayoutHelper as that can include more then only MediaQueries etc.

↑ look at project
Version 1.2
Added fullScreen (Hype) and fullScreenElement (Hype, Window)

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #5

when triggering fullScreen(Hype) in your playground and then esc to switch back, the layout of the hypescene does not snap back … (65.0.3325.181 chrome Mac 64-Bit)

this may be a hypeissue or HypeLayoutKit-Usage-Issue

sunny day :slight_smile:

Thanks will look into it. Also sitting in a cafe and enjoying German spring, finally. Probably just needs a relay out if necessary.

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #7

finally: spring in germany :slight_smile: it took some time this year. my wife and daughter are actually in Berlin to run the halfmarathon. so you can cheer on tomorrow :wink:

Should be fixed, please retest fullscreen on your setup.

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #9

:slight_smile: