Hype Assistant (GPT)

Greetings, Tumult Community,

I am excited to unveil the inaugural launch of the Hype Assistant (GPT)! This marks the beginning of a new chapter, and while I am in the early stages of deployment, I am eager for you to experience its potential. As of now, the feature includes a forum search function. Please note, I am currently refining this feature due to high traffic on Open AI, which may result in bugs.

Stay tuned for updates and thank you for your engagement with this new tool!

Explore the assistant here:

New URL: ChatGPT - Hype Assistant

There was an old version, but I managed to delete it meanwhile, thanks to Open AI offering a merge feature.

10 Likes

When I click on this link I get this message:

Your access to custom GPTs isn’t ready yet. We’re rolling this feature out over the coming days. Check back soon.

Currently, it appears that access has not yet been granted. As soon as OpenAI enables your account, you will be able to utilize the features. Should you have any questions or require further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out. Best regards.

This is pretty powerful, here's some example output from the question:

Please write a JavaScript function to pause the main timeline when I pause a video and resume the timeline when I unpause the video. The video element id is bongo.

Certainly! Below is a JavaScript function that you can use within Tumult Hype to pause the main timeline when a video with the ID bongo is paused and resume the main timeline when the video is played:

function controlTimelineWithVideo(hypeDocument, element, event) {
    var videoElm = document.getElementById('bongo');

// Function to pause the main timeline
    function pauseTimeline() {
        hypeDocument.pauseTimelineNamed('Main Timeline');
    }

// Function to continue the main timeline
    function playTimeline() {
        hypeDocument.continueTimelineNamed('Main Timeline', hypeDocument.kDirectionForward, false);
    }

// Event listener for the pause event on the video
    videoElm.addEventListener('pause', pauseTimeline);

// Event listener for the play event on the video
    videoElm.addEventListener('play', playTimeline);
}

// You need to add this function to the On Scene Load handler in the Scene Inspector to ensure it runs when the scene is loaded.

To integrate this function into your Hype document:

1. Open your Hype document.
  2. Go to the Scene Inspector.
  3. Add a new Function to be triggered On Scene Load.
  4. Name your function controlTimelineWithVideo.
  5. Copy and paste the above code into the new function's code editor.

When the scene containing the video element with the ID bongo loads, the function will be triggered, setting up event listeners to control the main timeline based on the video's play state. Remember, the video element must have the exact ID bongo for this to work, and it must be present in the scene when it loads.

2 Likes

The enhanced Hype Assistant (GPT) now has the capability to search through forum threads in detail and retrieve individual discussions, as well as to keep well-informed of the latest posts. It also allows you to discuss a topic with Hype Assistant to understand it better.

5 Likes

The assistant now takes a moment longer when prompted, ensuring it consults the documentation prior to responding, thereby enhancing the accuracy of its answers.

3 Likes

Is it possible to integrate the new Assistants API to build a chatbot in Hype trained on a specific knowledge base of docs? Has anyone experimented yet?

@STE2DG It sounded like this was trained on the docs?

I finally got my ChatGPT Plus subscription to try this. Pretty nifty!

I found that it started answering some questions before finishing the lookup. I'm not sure what's up with that; @MaxZieb how are you populating it with forum/docs data?

Overall I felt it gave answers that were 50% right, 30% in the ballpark but with some issues (like choosing a HTML/CSS solution instead of built-in constructs), and 20% wrong/hallucinating. The parts where it was wrong it would generally be logical, but reference things that don't exist in Hype. It'd even hallucinate with the Hype API.

I'd say it is definitely good for high-level questions about the app.

1 Like

I pushed things around a little, maybe its better now. Either way, the moment we can guide it with videos and screenshots it will become even better.

1 Like

I had to rebuild the GPT as I lost access to it as I recently upgraded to a team plan and wasn't aware that I'd lose access to GPT is my personal plan. I still need to recreate the forum fucntionality as well.

UPDATE: Forum functionality has also been restored on the new GPT. Please, remove the old GPT if you have it pinned and only use the new one.

3 Likes

As seen this is a regular conversation, and you can at mention any GPT. So, just type "@" ① and start typing "Hype Assistant" ② … select it ③. You can ask it to assist with Hype, search the forum for a topic, or pull the latest posts. Subsequently, just remove it from the conversation or compose it with other agents. It's truly remarkable what is currently happening!

1 Like

Hi
The Hype Assistent is really great.
How did you manage to connect to the forum. Is that a thing you can do in a developer edition?
I tried to create a GPT and uploading documents works fine but I can not ask it to connect to a forum. Do you have to convert the data from the forum and load that?

Thanks for all the great work for this community!

1 Like

Thank you. I used the actions. You need to configure them through JSON syntax, though. You can leverage many APIs this way. The forum offers the Discourse API, but it is easy to build your own APIs that do stuff as well.

1 Like

… paid subscription to ChatGPT plus required to try out this Hype Assistant :unamused:

1 Like

Worth every penny and it goes way beyond this little GPT.

2 Likes