How do you get the json data for animations?

I bought hype like a year and a half ago to do flash animations without having to pay Adobe. I am doing iOS development now and I am using Lottie to do animations. Lottie uses json data exported from adobe after effects for this. I was wondering if it was possible to do it with Hype. I found a forum link where the product designer said that Hype outputs JSON data for the animations here.

1 Like

Thanks for getting Hype!

The JSON animation data is exported in the *_hype_generated_script.js file as part of a standard (“Folder”) export. This is meant to be used by Hype’s runtime and probably isn’t too useful for sharing or even being human readable. We also reserve the right to change this format in future releases.

I have field a to-do item to look into what kind of JSON Lottie requires since that might make an interesting new export option.

5 Likes

Cheers for the reply.
Yeah I figured that was the case.

I have field a to-do item to look into what kind of JSON Lottie requires since that might make an interesting new export option.

This is great news. Given Lottie's flexible options, I think many devs will look for alternate options especially since After Effects is locked down to a pricy subscription system.