Future without ibooks Author

Apple has just published that Ibooks author is no longer updated for a new version … and is working to improve on apple pages … I need to know that hype is already planning a project … Alternative to create a widget for pages with the format EPUB or hype create new epub format to work much easier and faster.

I look forward to your advice.

1 Like

Unfortunately Pages does not fully support the epub 3 standard in that they don’t support the embedding of any .html file types in books..

This might be something coming soon since it is a feature in iBooks Author that they can port over. Until that time, I recommend working with regular iBooks Author if you have Hype documents you want to place in epubs or with Indesign.

I recommend sending feedback to Apple and requesting that they allow embedding wdgt or HTML iframes within Pages: https://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

The production of interactive textbooks was a huge initiative by Apple (under Stave Jobs) and I would love to see them continue to improve their tools.

1 Like

Are there any other apps that can be used instead of iBooks Author that will do the same job?

If you're looking for a different high quality tool for producing Epub books, InDesign is the next best thing: Export InDesign documents to an EPUB format

And also check out Pubcoder:

I am still using CS5 as the cost of the subscription outside of Adobe's select regions is prohibitive. Consequently I am moving to QuarkExpress.