Free Hype Templates 🏗

This week's example doesn't use any additional code. Next week's example is commented. Although, that includes "AHHHH MATH!", which probably isn't a terribly helpful comment. Ha ha.

There is a comment section on each tutorial page. There's also this thread. So, if people don't understand something, those are two great spots to ask questions.

I already started work on the Groundhog's Day example. :smiley:

a collision script, based only on the new getter/setter API would be very useful for me :eyeglasses: :relaxed:

2 Likes

This post didn't help?

Collision detection is important. It's basically why this thread has gone on so long. I'm tempted to just add my own collision detection code, but then Tumult could just turn around and make collision detection a core function. Since I have so much to work on already, I'm just waiting to see what @jonathan does. HA!

It is becoming a list of demands as the Feature request of Hype :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s a blizzard about to hit my area. So, it’s a good development weekend. The next two templates are already queued up.

** Update 1/26/2016 ** - The second free Hype template is now available.

1 Like

Wow, only three clicks for this week’s link? :top:

…but it’s so cute!

5 Likes

the squinting eye is too cool

1 Like

Thanks for the new template! Love it :sunglasses:

1 Like

OK, unless there’s a massive surge in interest this week, the final free template of the series will be released on February 2, 2016. I think I’m going to try and make some games / apps.

1 Like

It’s Groundhog’s Day, so in between watching what happens with Punxsutawney Phil or Staten Island Chuck, you can relive the randomize accuracy with your own Groundhog simulator…

3 Likes

That would be a pity. Perhaps not enough people know about it yet.

2 Likes

I decided to create another free Hype template...

It has a Valentine's Day theme, as this Sunday is February 14.

I also did some cleanup on my website this weekend. I setup page caching, so the templates should load almost instantaneously. You know, for all the massive traffic generated by the templates. HA HA. :smile:

1 Like

Nice gift for lovers :slight_smile:

I think part of the problem is that people around here don’t like to read long threads. Although, I like having a single thread, so everything is in one spot. So, here are links to the four templates in one spot…

1. Coconut - Free Hype Templates
  2. Looking - Free Hype Templates
  3. Groundhog - Free Hype Templates
  4. Heart - Free Hype Templates

Those link to the original post with the link to the corresponding template page. Should there be a template #5? I haven’t decided yet.

Update – I think that’s it for this project. Surprisingly, I don’t see a lot of interest in free templates. It seems that more people are interested in buying A Book About Hype. Besides, I’m low on ideas anyway. I had already put my good projects in the book. :smiley:

OK, I decided to make another free template. It should be available at Photics.com on April 12, 2016 :smiley:

The fifth free template is now online…

Pythagorean – https://photics.com/free-template-tuesday-5-tumult-hype-pythagorean/

By moving the sliders, you can quickly calculate the length of the hypotenuse.

Not here, this is just a picture. To see it work, visit the site. :smiley:

3 Likes

I'm not sure what this means exactly.

Meanwhile, does anyone else have a template request?

If not, then I might just do this one...

...it would involve some JavaScript though. Hype doesn't include collision detection. I've got some projects that are waiting on it, so I'm not sure if I should wait much longer.

here you are … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s good! Although, I had something somewhat different in mind, more like a game control – where you couldn’t move forward if there was an object in the way. But instead, I decided to work on different projects this weekend. One of the project ideas is to try and use Matter.js without using Hype. It would be nice if there were more physics options in Hype. But by using Hype, I’ve become less adverse to manually writing JavaScript code.

Web app UI elements templates, not for game behavior. I’m talking about UI prototyping here: tables (expandable, editable, etc.), dropdown lists, menus, radios, switches, accordions, all form elements, 3-state buttons, trees, etc.