If you're just starting out with Video in Tumult Hype, please read our video documentation
When you drag a video into Hype, it creates a Video element controlled by Hype. You can set whether you wish to show controls, whether you want the video to autoplay, and even if you want the video muted. All controls for these types of videos exist on the video element itself (a rectangle). To create controls outside of the element keep reading:
- Insert your video into Tumult Hype.
- In the Element Inspector's video controls, disable autoplay
- Go to the identity inspector (command–7) and set an element ID to something like:
- Add your play and pause buttons. These can be regular buttons, images, or really any element.
- Select the Play button
- From the next popup menu, choose New Function…
In the code that pops up, add this at the end in the line above the closing “}” curly bracket
Use the tabs at the top of the window to go back to the scene
Please note that on iOS devices, no element can appear above a video element. Place your play/pause buttons outside of the
<video> element's area.
To create a 'rewind' button, check out @MarkHunte's post on the topic.