Bone rigging tool for animating characters

Can you clarify your request this? You can't currently swap symbols, but you can swap background images by setting a keyframe (or via record) for the Background Image property and then hitting 'Choose' in the background image part of the Element Inspector. Thanks!

I’m ok with LuckyDesi, it would be great to distort an image, and can replace free formats ! … that miss a lot when you’re accustomed photoshop.

1 Like

I saw an intro to crazytalk animation 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?p=cta&c=0&v=MhqbQxS_ZcY&utm_source=rc_1608&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_term=mainimage_video, if something like this was possible making interactive live animation would be brilliant. If you guys ever plan to do the bone tool and some more animation specific tools please let us know.

1 Like

I would use something like it if it was in Hype, for sure!

Yep that’s correct but if you could swap with symbols and allow for swapping at symbol frames e.g.
Head swap for head_3/4 at frame 2 you could do very complex animation without having to draw in hype. It’s nice that you can swap with image assets but if I could organise those assets into a symbol then call for the symbol on key frame and then set that symbols time to the one which displays the right image I want I can control everything I like and still keep the symbol as the master reference.

And further if you could distort symbols if there’s any cross browser way to distort them that would be amazing

I saw this thread... Motion of interconnected objects ...which reminded me of this thread... Hype Featured on the Mac App Store ...which mentions this hyper link...

...and then I was wondering if this "Feature Request" is already on the list. That's when I found this thread. :smile:

Arise from your 629 day slumber!

Ideally, it would be great to setup characters like puppets. Then you could just grab an element / body part and move the character around.

If Hype did this, then I'm not sure that I would need CrazyTalk Animator. CrazyTalk Animator has lip-synch, but I think I could do that programmatically with JavaScript.

I've been waiting to see if CrazyTalk Animator 3 goes on sale again.

It recently went up in price. :scream_cat:

1 Like

I like the Idea of bone rigging and being able to animate in hype much like in CrazyTalk Animator 3.3

Video Walkthrough

For more Tutorial Videos
https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/tutorial.html

Interestingly enough an App ‘Creature’ allows for a creation rigging and can be exported via HTML5 and WebGL

http://creature.kestrelmoon.com/more_info_2.html

1 Like

Yes it would be nice!
we have already discussed this software in the forum. It is a software for character animation and does not have many of the Hype features. Your "idea" involves very long development times and is possible in the coming years. We hope :slight_smile:

You are right, but its not as hard as it may seem. A Korean developer already has an app called Creature that allows for bone rigging and exports as HTML, WebGL Animations see below

http://creature.kestrelmoon.com/more_info_1.html

And did you ask the Korean developer about how easy it was to create this?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback; the upcoming vector shapes of v4 is a brick along such a path.

4 Likes

@daniel, I was just basing it on the idea of Hype being half way there in terms of the UI. Looking how hype interacts with Physics, Waypoints .Js

Libraries creature exports
http://creature.kestrelmoon.com/more_info_3.html

All I’m saying is, Hype is a great example of an amazing looking app the UI is just right or maybe Im use to it that I’d want to use for something like this and I’d pay an additional $50 just to see this the interaction in hype. Im sure others would agree with me on this.

3 Likes

Are you a software developer? before talking about money you should know how much it costs to develop such a thing;

Moreover, to make an animation like in the example, in reverse kinematics, it is necessary to be quite experienced. How many users have knowledge of direct and incidental cimenics (even in an environment with physics?) The same number of users that makes infographics and websites?

The purpose of the tumult is to provide useful tools for infographics and web development. The program you propose has another cost and a very specific vocation.

I repeat it again, your idea is interesting but does not cost €/£/$ 50 and is not now.

Take a look at the potentials of Hype4 beta, focus on that and prove to be a good HTML5 developer;

Look out Trump, someone else is building a wall. :laughing:

Seriously, this is good news.

I think your misunderstanding the scope of what I'm saying. Hype is a magnificent app when it comes to Hype's UI and its Functions lets get that out of the way. Secondly, when I said I was going to pay an additional $50 if the devs over @tumult consider any future upgrades not necessarily 4 maybe 4.5 or 5 or 5.5 release with the ability of rigging. This was not to say upcoming Hype 4 is not worthy of an upgrade.

Potentials? This is a feature request, meaning not tagged for Hype Beta 4. As for Hype 4, the beta rollouts are rolling out fast to address bugs. I think @jonathan and team are doing a great job at that.

Thats not entirely it, there are plenty of Illustrators that would love to have this as part of Hype. To be able to animate their Illustrations, export videos for IOS games and the list goes on. Take Adobe Animate /Flash, it has it has something like this its called 'Bone Tool'.

Im far from being a developer. However, I do know the libraries are available to make these animations from scratch. Im not sure how long it took @jonathan and team over tumult to inject Physics and earlier in the day Waypoints. As for the time it took to inject it in to hypes probably sometime but I wouldn't say it was a rewrite of the entire program more of a modification as the UI is already there to support future libraries give or take.

I can assure you that adding the Physics API to Hype added a HUMUNGOUS amount of complexity to Hype.

Just go try it... Matter.js - a 2D rigid body JavaScript physics engine · code by @liabru ...I've tried to add matter.js manually to a project. There were a lot of problems. That's without integrating the code into the Hype app itself... very VERY complicated.

But in general, Tumult Hype is the HTML5 replacement for Flash. What does Hype need to completely replace what Flash did back in its heyday? Aside from Joints / Bone Tool (what we're discussing here), better audio control, and a stupid easy vector graphics editor, Hype is essentially superior to Flash.

I don't think Flash had a built-in Physics engine either. So, Hype could be very powerful.

There's no sense in debating though. It looks like Tumult has this feature on their radar.

I understood well

you have to consider the complexity of the development and the percentage of user use. If the percentage is 5% in the first year for character animation, can you ask 50% more than the price? this is a naive reasoning.

your proposal is right but premature; The animation of characters is a great idea and I hope that we can do it in Hype, one day, but for now Hype 4 offers powerful tools for comix, try yourself with the morphing of shape and lines.

There is a long list of improvements and features that have priority. If you really care about the development of Hype consult the forum and read all the comments and discussions made.

I don't believe its 'premature' if the underlying tech/libraries exist. There's no hurt in having a rigging feature in hype much like with physics/matter when it was introduced to hype. The way I see it, physics is there for when you need it, its def not for every project thats a given, and the same could be said about rigging because it would there for you need as an option. Additionally, if It were part of hype it would attract a certain group of developers to want to buy it solely for that feature alone not to mention the added features that Hype has built-in over some other programs like 'creature' which costs $100 in the App Store and $249 as Pro version. I'd rather use Hype because I get more in return and because its not just for rigging but a boat load of tech in one and to top it off it looks awesome!

Thanks for the feedback; the upcoming vector shapes of v4 is a brick along such a path.

@Jonathan, dont want jump into conclusion and guess. What excatly do you mean with the response. Do you mean that v4 and the intro to vector is paving the way to the rigging or do you mean one can emulate this with vectors?

@Photics maybe your not as proficient in using/used the library which is why you ran into problems or simply because the library wasn't complete - it can be a number of things is what I'm saying.

Heh, and I’m saying go try it.

It’s a lot of theoretical, but go do some testing before making bold suggestions. After ~25 years of web development experience, I’ve learned that adding too many libraries is a bad idea, as you tend to get slow and buggy code... that’s not even factoring security issues... and the extra weight of code that’s not needed.

I’ve done the work and I tested Matter.js... Is there a Physics API? 🤔 ...and that’s one of the longest running threads on this forum. It’s not lack of experience. I’m not sure it’s the library’s fault either. I just think it’s a tough fit for Hype, as some actions are simply incompatible. That kind of stuff tends to happen when you mix off-the-shelf code.

...and again, there’s no need to debate. It appears Tumult is working towards bones / joints.

Tough fit for hype? But Tumult managed to fit it in anyways bravo Team Tumult and surely there are limitations, I understand and I get that it was a hell of a tricky process having to make it part of Hype. Also, @michelangelo can tell you about how only 5-10% use it and according to him it might have been premature a decision to have to have it there to begin with :grinning: I’m kidding. Btw, I never said for Hype 4.