I've created some ads that are being served by Trade Desk. In the head of my ads, I've included the precise JS that TD's specs state, plus an external clickTag function.
The ads were kicked back, stating: "You must include at least one click tag or select the Display & Video 360 environment in Google Web Designer and an exit event in your HTML file in order to set a click-through URL for your creative."
I'm unsure why my attached ad would throw this error. I've sent an inquiry back, but it's through several layers (agency, media team, etc) so I thought maybe I'd ask here in the meantime. This ad passes Google's HTML5 validator when I test it.
(I've stripped the logo and headlines here, for client confidentiality) display ad fail.zip (106.0 KB)
I created a few test files for the media team to validate with Trade Desk, each with different clickTag configurations. As it turns out, it was the very code that their specs specified that was causing the errors.
Removing the getParameterByName function and using var clickTag = ""; is deemed valid.
I didn't actually provide them a test with my original "external" clickTag code from my Hype file above, because I was thinking that was the problem. But I'm 99% sure that would be fine as well.
While this might be off topic, I did work with Trade desk in past but it was using Flashtalking exports vs Hype, they always had a process of how they wanted their ads to be exported and more often than not, we were going back forth so I can relate to the headaches. Would love to see the type of ads you produce in real time.
I know this thread is almost a year old but I am brand new to hype and having a hard time submitting files to trade desk. I followed what @CheeseDeluxe and what @Daniel had said and they are still getting kicked back by my media partner saying that the clickthrough is not allowing them to assign landing pages to the banners. Any new info or thoughts on where/how to place their needed code?
I feel your pain, Keith. My got kicked back as well, even tho it followed those Trade Desk guidelines. In response, I created 3 different test ads for submission to see what worked. I don't recall the specifics inside the ad tests, but here they are. Test A errored out. Test B and Test C were both successful. TRADE DESK TESTS.zip (120.6 KB)
Thank you for those files. This has been a nightmare and honestly trade desk deserves a medal for making probably the worst platform for ad serving.
It was recommended to me by a developer that I should try and place the code snippet, highlighted in the screenshot, outside of the head of the html. But even these are getting kicked back, so unfortunately i'm no closer to an answer.
My media contact also said to only use google web designer or creatopy for this platform so i'm starting to think it's them
Hey @CheeseDeluxe sorry for the radio silence but this has been an ongoing issue still. Here is what has been going on since my last post.
I started with mimicking the two files you sent over that worked for you last time you sent the to TD. Both were rejected and said they couldn't load them.
After way too many back and forth emails and video calls with my contact and a developer on their end here is where we landed:
After building the file and exporting I go in the newly made folder and delete the .plist, PIE.htc, and .gif files.
I add the .html file into the same folder as the images and .js files so everything is in one folder.
I go into the code and add
under the "viewport" meta
I also remove the code portion calling for the src= "XXX.hyperesources/"
Lastly I add in the trade desk code snippet they require
After all of that I was told to take all of the files that are now in one folder, pull them all to my desktop and then zip those files up. That is what I have been handing off.
The kicker is that my contact then has to unzip and rezip before they will work. I'm at my wits end with this and it all seems like there is something seriously wrong on their end, but whatever. Banners are running so there is that i guess.