Anyone submitted ads to Trade Desk?

Is there a way to make an export script for the Trade Desk?

I went ahead and used those instructions. I'm not sure if there's anything else required; I don't have a TTD account currently. But please give it a try!

Please use these manual install instructions:

1. Download the export script from:
    https://github.com/tumult/hype-export-scripts/blob/TheTradeDesk/TheTradeDesk/TheTradeDesk.hype-export.py
    (you may need to hit option-return in the browser to get the file to download)

2. Open the /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and enter in this command:

open ~/Library/Application\ Scripts/com.tumult.Hype4

This will open the Applications Scripts folder; alternatively you can get to this via Hype's Preferences > Exporting > Show Export Scripts Folder in Finder

3. Move the TheTradeDesk.hype-export.py file into the com.tumult.Hype4 folder

4. Back in the Terminal, enter this command:

chmod 755 ~/Library/Application\ Scripts/com.tumult.Hype4/TheTradeDesk.hype-export.py

This will give the export script permission to run.

It should be installed now. In Hype, you should be able to choose the File > Export as HTML5 > TheTradeDesk… menu item.

(Also note that you may need to install the Python Export Script Enabler as well if you've never installed an Export Script before).

Let me know how this works, and if it is good and passes any validation you use on production ads, then I'll make an installer and put it on our export scripts page.

2 Likes

Awesome...let me give it a try and will let you know if it works.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I installed the script and sent over a test to my TTD rep and it uploaded successfully and click tag tracking was successful! Thank you so much. This will help so many of us that have to create assets for TTD. Please let us know when you have an installer ready.

1 Like

Great, thanks! I'll get that out soon and post here.

It is now live on the export scripts page:

https://static.tumult.com/hype/export-scripts/TheTradeDesk/TheTradeDesk.pkg

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

1 Like