You know how Xcode does Groups... can we have that for the resource library pretty please

1. What do you want to see in Hype?
    A way to organise the resource library.

It would be really useful to have a way to organise the Resource library.
Similar to Xcodes approach and reasoning.

In Xcode you can group files in a new Group which takes on the form of a folder.

The folders can be either Pseudo folders which only exist in Xcode and are not created in the real file system.

Where you then drag files into the group as a way of keeping your sanity by being able to keep all your files organised in a way that is logical and easy to find.
This is especially helpful when you have a lot of files to keep track of and what they are for.

i.e
Xcode Project.

Or you can choose to allow the Group creation to also create the folder/directory in the file system for real.
And dragging a file into it via Xcode will also do the same in the file system.

Could we have something similar in Hype?.

The later part would only need to happen on export as an 'Optional' or via an export script that could read the Groups and create and place the folders and files accordingly .

This would probably kill two birds( requests ) with one stone

1. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
    Nope

And having to scroll through projects like this

trying to remember what I called some file or function that did a particular job would be a cut down to a fraction of the time spent if I could just go to the group that deals with what I am looking for.

1. Are there examples of other apps with this feature? Or, have you seen examples of this elsewhere on the web? (Please include a URL)

Xcode

1. How high of a priority is this for you?

[ X ] Nice to Have
[ ] Important
[ ] Can't use Hype without it

I really wanted to tick Important but lived without it this long but once we have it suspect it would become a Can't use Hype without it

5 Likes

The Resources Library is definitely due for an overhaul and folders are pretty high on the list :slight_smile:. Thanks for the request!

2 Likes