When will Hype 4.0 be released?

Are new beta testers still accepted? I’d love to try the new vector animation tools in Hype 4 for a potential infographic project (I applied for the beta in December).

See, this guy get it. :smile:

If you’re frustrated by how long it’s taking to get Hype 4.0 launched, just try to get in the beta.

I’m going to defend Tumult on this one. Without going into much detail... it is beta after all... I think the Hype 4 beta of January 2019 is much better than the one from January 2018. I think launching earlier would have been a mistake. Tumult made the right move and decided to put extra work into the software. That’s a hard choice for a developer. But wow, the ******** **** ******* feature didn’t exist and it’s amazing. I’m also glad Tumult is putting more work into ******* and the **** **** ********** features.

2 Likes

I’m not having to update my skills for v.4 to rocket scientist levels I hope? :thinking:

I still remember the days I made webpages out of table rows and cells… :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Yes! Check your email. Thanks!

(Our process to send out invite batches is a little more manual than I'd like; So it is typically done about once a month. We pretty much send it to everyone who has applied.)

4 Likes

Lol. Me to, funny thing is still use them every now an then..

1 Like

Could I apply for beta tester? Any release date on the update yet?
Thanks,

Nope! Hype v4 primarily only adds features, all your existing knowledge will still apply to the existing feature set. Of course with the new features, there will probably be better ways of doing some things.

1 Like

You can apply here; we'll be adding another batch of testers in a week or so. There's no official date, but we're in the final stretch of development.

2 Likes

I applied for beta testing 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard back - should I reapply?

Not sure how I missed this thread… I also signed up for the beta. Finally! I’m super excited for this release! These new features will be so helpful and awesome! Quick question.

Will the External Resource Editing include editing in Sketch?

Keep up the great work Tumult team!

1 Like

We'll be sending out another batch later this week!

Not really -- .sketch files aren't a web format so they can't be displayed in a Hype document. While you can export .svg in sketch and bring that in as an image, you then can't use sketch to edit that file!

(You can technically bring them into the resources library and edit as an external resource, but there's probably not much use to that since they can't be displayed)

Sketch (or other layered image format import) is definitely a feature on the radar for a future release.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve applied to be a Beta tester a few times now but heard nothing back - are you still accepting testers at the moment? I would really love to be involved as Hype is my main software program at the moment and Im very excited for Hype 4.0.

Any idea when you are aiming for Hype 4.0 release window?

1 Like

We are still taking beta testers; the release is coming soon.

(Via other thread it looks like you were invited on 9/13)

1 Like

Will there be a version on the Mac App Store that has the “Professional” features unlocked and not require an in-app purchase to do so? It would be cool to be able to push the new app via MDM with all features unlocked.

Unfortunately not - in fact we are planning the opposite that even Standard will require an In-App Purchase (as so we can give a free initial download and trial). It is a bit silly that MDM does not allow for IAP.

However it is my understanding that MDM should still work to distribute the Tumult Store version of Hype. We have a License file that can be distributed to each machine (or image) to make sure it is licensed.

Are you able to get other non-Mac App Store software working with your distribution? We’re happy to learn more about your flow and what can/can’t work for you.

1 Like

@jonathan I’d love to join the beta. If there is space available, please add me! Is there training and documentation for this version so I can learn to use the new features? What kind of feedback are you looking for or would be most helpful? Any updates on timing or progress - or a teaser perhaps?

1 Like

Interesting. So the App Store allows for apps that stop functioning (trial) or will that super slim version be free forever?

This could be a game changer. Hype's biggest problem is marketing.

As for MDM, if you're using that tech... why would you want the burden of going through the App Store? Isn't FastSpring the better way to go... at least FastSpring accepts purchase orders.

And hey Tumult... maybe offering site licenses would help to solve this problem?

You've been added!

The email sent out contains a documentation link along with a basic video (though is a little dated compared to how v4 has evolved!).

Bug reports are especially important, but all feedback is welcome. We're pretty late in the development cycle so can only fix the most critical issues, but other reports can be saved and fixed for future updates. The rule of thumb is always to provide feedback the moment you have it, that way it can get captured, triaged, and recorded!

We just got localizations back and will be issuing a (hopefully) final beta this week. Then it is up to App Store approval. I don't think we're going to do a proper teaser, but here's a shot I just made that will be in the v4 promo video:

5 Likes

I had to design an animation that had to be exported both, to video and as an interactive web ad. I’ve kept an eye on Hype for a while now, so I downloaded it as a trial version and took a plunge. Four hours later, I, a complete novice to Hype, had a beautiful finished product! (I’m an Adobe AfterEffects and Premiere user, so I’m used to working with effects and timelines). Hype was intuitive and pleasure to work with. Now I want to purchase Hype Pro, but it appears that my timing is wrong. I don’t want to buy 3.x and then have to pay for an upgrade a couple of months later (it appears that version 4.0 has been in the works for a while and will be released soon). So I have 2 questions:

1. Can I still get the 4.0 beta (I submitted the application)?

2. If I buy Hype 3.8 this week, would I qualify for a free upgrade when version 4.0 is released, or should I wait?

Thank you.