What's happening here?

Could you please submit an issue from within Hype, using Help > Report an Issue? When you do so, please also include your document in the Issue Reporter’s Attachments section, and ensure that the “Send logs, preferences, and system information” checkbox is checked.

This will give us info on what’s going on here.

I guess I know what’s happening. I made a test file.

What type of volume are you saving on? Is it a network volume, external storage, or synced folder? What is the file transfer method (AFP/SMB/etc.) and the filesystem type?

It’s on a new NAS from qnap. Using smb, EXT3.

It isn’t clear to me why it would think it would be changed by another application, but perhaps there was some modification date or save issue with the timestamps going over the network. Hype stores its documents under-the-hood as folders, which we’ve found can be a bit flakey on remote volumes. The message about not being able to use autosave/versioning is expected though - these macOS features aren’t supported over SMB.

Personally my recommendation is to save locally and then move over even if this is a bit painful. I would like to offer a flat-file format in the future which I hope may mitigate some issues.

1 Like