What is different between Animation and Video

Hello @Daniel

I know Hype support output an animation project as Video.

I have a project which contains fourteen scenes with 10MB, please check http://www.lovcour.com/lovcour/lovcourstory, it is output as video, it is almost 53.5MB, and surely I can compress it to 12.4MB, it looks still clear, but if compressed more less such as 6.5MB, it will not be so clear.

Since Hype does not support preload video, I am just not sure which way should be right way to deploy it as good experience to mobile mode users.

Really expect your suggestions, thanks, have a nice day.

Alex

I’ll jump in. Video is a conversion to a series of bitmap images; one per frame.

As for compression, I suggest that you go to apple.com and buy a copy of QuickTime 7 Pro. There is a ton of compression, output type, size and frame rate options. I usually use H.264 compression at a medium setting and at the smallest required size. Open the video in QT7P and try outputting it in multiple settings and see which provides the optimum balance of resolution, file size, and compression.

@Furutan

Thanks. Actually, I found Hype support H.264 and set all those related settings. I am using another tool software named ANY VIDEO CONVETER PRO, Final Cut Pro, iMovie. I like to try QT7P.

Anyway, What my concern is the difference between animation and video, what are their advantage for no interactive project(just playing)? so we can make decision.

Alex

QTP7 provides more options, one example being a slider to set H.264 quality. It can also be using for basic editing. For example, I sometimes use After Effects for creating TV spots. I will use Audition to create the voiceover / background music, with a different track for different versions of voiceovers.

I then have the choice of dropping the mixed track into a channel in AE or I can simply open the desired audio track in QTP7, select the entire track, then select the entire video track in QTP7 and use the paste and match command to drop in the audio track so that, even if it is a few frames off in length, it will automatically stretch or contract to match the video.

The varying audio tracks can also be stacked in the QTP7 movie, using a checkbox to set which audio track is active when outputting. And speaking of audio, it is best to use a dedicated DAW app such as Audition for handling complex soundtracks because the tools are more advanced and of a greater variety than in an app such as Final Cut or Premiere.

About interactive video, this is possible via QTP7. Details can be googled, but what you do is create a text file with time markers and a couple of other things. This can be pasted into the tracks along with the audio and video. This way you could, for example, have the video pause at each marker, waiting for a spacebar or arrow to continue the video. Such markers could also be generated from within a decent DAW.

The thing about video is that with the average presentation, it is a larger file than Hype output. It is also fixed in its proportions and resolution, which means that you cannot create relative objects that adjust positions according to the size of the browser window. With a Hype animation you can get away with less bandwidth by controlling loading and wiping of content (e.g., load on scene, delete when no longer used).

One does not necessarily need to do just one or the other. For example, using a web design app you can drop a scalable video into a background layer and place a HTML5 animation in a foreground layer.

Personally I am a big van of both media. I am heavy into cinematic video FX (using most everything in the Red Giant stable) but that can be time consuming and expensive for the client. Unless I am dealing with a big name client with big bucks on the line, I tend to use Hype when possible.

Hype came along at just the right time with just the right capabilities, in the same way as Photoshop 3 appeared at just the right time, which introduced layers and opened up all sorts of new possibilities. For me Hype today is like what Photoshop was for me in the early 90’s - the ability to think of cool stuff and then create it.

I look forward to the day when Hype will have the kind of a market footprint, development budget, and expanded development team so that it can compete head to head with the likes of After Effects and Motion, but with all the advantages of modern web capabilities.

1 Like

Hello @Furutan

Thanks so much. And sorry for later reply since I am from china, and I have to access to here by VPN.

I have to say that I never tried QT7 before, and I am sure I will try it, and we ask for instruction if there is any questions.

Thanks again, and Have an nice day.

Alex

As far as I know video is a running image and animation is still image. This is the difference I think.

I’ve been out of the loop for a while - moved to a new city…

In terms of displaying the projects online and in context of Hype, a video is a series of bitmapped images and a Hype animation is the animation of objects (known in other apps as “sprites”) in real-time. This is what Flash does.
There are various motion graphics apps out there (such as Adobe After Effects) that offer keyframe animation, but with AE, the final result is output strictly as a video, either directly or when linked to a video app such as Adobe Premiere.

1 Like