Welcome on board! Please introduce yourself 🖐

• Marielle
  • Graphic Designer and Learning Enthusiast
  • Florida, USA
  • Spanish
  • I want to start with a catalog of interactions just so I can learn it and have a reference set of files I can come back to.
  • Beginner
  • Cartoon Animator 4, AE
  • Flash
    *I'm more of a Documentary/History film lover.
  • And I've been disgusted by Articulate Storyline price since forever -__-
5 Likes

I am Saeta Hernando (1971), professional illustrator of Spanish origin living in Berlin (Germany) and in continuous learning. I worked twenty years ago in traditional animation (pencil, paper and light table) :sweat_smile: . Later I also did Flash animations but since 2004 I have been more dedicated to children and young people's illustration. Now I am recycling myself in HTML5 animation and recently I discovered Hype. At the moment I don't have much to contribute to the community, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

My intention is to apply Hype to graphic communication and interactive graphic adventures that can be applied to the field of education.

In my profile you can find the link to my website in case you want to know more about my work. I don't put it here to avoid spam :wink:

As for software other than Hype, I usually use Clip Studio Pro, Krita, the Serif Affinity suite, DaVinci Resolve and I'm looking at Godot Engine too. Yes, I turned my back on Adobe.

(I apologize for my not very correct English.)

8 Likes

Hi, I'm,

Chris Kelly
I'm an interactive designer
In the digital marketing department
New Jersey, USA
Speak English and learning Spanish
Looking to create animations to supplement interactive marketing experiences on the web
I'm a beginner with Hype
I've used Flash, After Effects & Cinema 4D
Macromedia Flash was the first animation tool I've used
Monster Inc. is my favorite animated film

4 Likes
  • Hola! My name is Juan Daza
  • My industry: learning in uncertain times
  • Home is a small town in Colombia
  • and spanish is mi native language.
  • I used Hype for some animations and now I'm moving towards interactive learning
  • being a beginner/novice.
  • Love working with Sketch + Mural + Procreate
  • I made some stop motion movies and the Flash and Director games and animations
  • and count me as a Miyazaki fan.
5 Likes

Hello, my name is LuĂ­s Carlos Petry. I am 62 years old.
I was born in Brazil, in a southern region, colonized by Germans.
I am a researcher and professor. I work with research that relates mathematical topology, art and psychoanalysis. If you want you can see my channel on YouTube: https://youtu.be/DjtSUIhQ9d4
Where do you call home?
My native language was German and then I learned Portuguese. I read English, French, Spanish, German.
How did I find Hype? Since September of last year I started working with iMac again. I was researching a tool that would behave like Flash and the Director. I also worked a lot with Autgorware. My intention was to be able to export to HTML5. Until then I was using an iSpring plugin for this in connection with PowerPoint.
I found Hype searching the internet and I was impressed with the robustness of the tool. I didn't wait to finish the trial time to register.
I am simply delighted with the work done by Tumult. Hype is an excellent hypermedia authoring tool and I am building classes with it.
I'm a newbie, for sure. An important aspect is the community's collaboration in posting examples that can be transformed by beginners, like me.
I need to study more Java Script and I am looking for a resource for newbies.
I have training in high school of arts and in 3D, my animations are usually 3D - 3D model since the 80's, with Cinema 4D at Comodore Amiga.
My favorite film is 2001 - I love Hall and David.

6 Likes

Hi Petry welcome on these Hype forums!
C4D-er here too, though I really should make time to switch over to Blender... :crazy_face:

I've seen regular post on the forums, 'how to learn more about JS'. This may help you integrating JS with Hype (the book is now available).

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi Rick.
Thanks for the welcome. Finding a community that excels in kindness and collaboration is incredible.
I downloaded Blender and am studying it slowly. The evaluation of a former student of mine is that he looks amazing.
Thanks for recommending the book on Java Script. I'm going to throw myself at him right now.
I'm building a class with Hyper and I would like to put an example of it for colleagues, but I haven't found the place yet. I have read the Forum a lot and I will find it.
A big hug.

4 Likes

Hello All,

• Who are you?
    Reg Dent
  • What is your industry/profession?
    Entertainment industry (performer)
  • Where do you call home?
    Zurich, Switzerland
  • What is your native language?
    English
  • What have you made with Hype – or what are you planning on using Hype for? (Feel free to post screenshots or links!)
    Website animations
  • Would you call yourself a beginner, novice, or advanced?
    Beginner
  • What’s your favorite design/animation tool (Other than Hype)?
    Blocs Website Builder and the Affinity range of Apps

I look forward to participating in the forum

Cheers,

Reg

5 Likes

Hype Newb. Been looking for SVG manipulation software for about 2 decades... and so far, Hype is the closest match to what I'm looking for... so that's exciting.

What I really need to do is find out the level of interactivity I can achieve. Basically dynamic SVG.

I've been a graphics professional on and off for about 35 years... mostly 3D animation, but plenty of raster / vector design as well as CAD and other tools.

5 Likes

Hi, I'm Tom. I got Hype 4 from a software bundle that Parallels (Windows emulation software co) released earlier this year. $40 got me Hype 4 Pro, Toast 18 Titanium and a bunch of others; I got the bundle primarily for Hype, since I already had Toast 18 and the other software didn't appeal. Long story short, I love Hype 4 and can't wait til 5 comes out (at some point) and hope that a much-mentioned bone-based animation feature makes its way into the mix, especially since Adobe Flash is about to vanish from the earth :frowning: .goomba

4 Likes

Hello, great community.

I am Yusuf Altun from Turkey. For now, I am working as an editor (education and children’s books). I have graduated from science education and working on my PhD dissertation related with STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Education.

I haven’t finished any project with hype, yet. But I'm planning to work on some educational content. I think there are lots of great works made with Hype, and Hype has really great potential. Thanks Hype Team for such a software.

My favorite design tool is Affinity Suite (other than Hype). My favorite animated film was Finding Dory.

I feel happy for being a member of this friendly community. I hope I can contribute with something.

7 Likes

Re-introducing myself (again). It's funny how I looked at my last re-introduction and I was looking to learn ruby on rails and grow in the company I was in. I ended up getting laid off but a few years later I ended up landing my first coding job as an entry level programmer. I've been with that company for 2 years now (it's a startup company) and we just landed our first big client.

Now I am on a mission to start my own company and there is a cool feature for the product I am creating that I'm hoping I can utilize Tumult Hype for. It's good to look back and see where you've come from.

I'm now a Full-Stack developer with a great interest in UI/UX as well as software architecture. I still think Hype is a cool and underused tool, but hopefully now is the time for me to make use of it.

6 Likes

I'm a woman from Colorado who is a past user of HyperEdit, and I'm excited to move into using Whisk. I've created a personal web site using HyperEdit, and just finished a rebuild of the web site for the Boulder Concert Band using Whisk. I would consider myself a beginner/intermediate user. Haven't really used Hype but I love Whisk. I'm a collector, author, musician and composer, and also work for a technology company in their customer service and sales departments.

Other tools I use are Serif's Affinity Publisher, Photo, and Designer, as well as Finale (from MakeMusic) for creating musical compositions and arrangements for print.

8 Likes

Hello everybody,

I'm Fred and I'm from Cologne, Germany.
So my native language is German and a little bit of English :slight_smile:
I'm an illustrator and animator. My tools are Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, C4D, Moho 12.
A few months ago I was looking for a solution for interactive images and found the software Pubcoder and through it Hype. Hype is much easier for me (as a Mac user) and so: here I am

8 Likes

Bonjour,
My name is Paul Climance; I am retired Education Advisor for IT at Liverpool Education Authority but now live in France since 2004.
I speak French, English, some Spanish, some Italian.
What have I made in Hype ? - mainly mistakes !
I would call myself a 100% beginner.

7 Likes

Hi everyone,

I'm steve, I live in New York, and I'm new to this forum.

Name: Steve Skok
Profession: Research Analyst and tech Consultant
Languages: English
I use to learn new skills and share knowledge on JavaScript
I feel always there is something that remains to learn "Beginner"

7 Likes

Hi, my name is Gomez!
I work in software development now
I am interested in exploring new things, Watching basketball, I also play ukulele a little.
I speak English, Portugese and Russian

7 Likes

That is the mindset that will let you travel far. Welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Sam Adams (not the beer!)
40 yrs SW Dev and AGI Researcher.
North Carolina.
English.
Current Hype Project: A Myst-like adventure game for integrating homeschool learning with self-guided exploration.

Advanced in that I've used Hype for several years and have 40 yrs experience in programming in many languages. I've also built several large Javascript applications so I am used to integrating JS packages together.
Favorite tools: Pixelmator Pro, Webstorm, Smalltalk (ancient Jedi skills)
First interaction/animation tool used: Apple HyperCard (oh yeah!!)
Fav animated film: Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

9 Likes