Watched folder for resources

I’m building a hype document that will have two sets of images in it - one will be a predefined “front” layer that overlays on the constantly updated “back” layer. (the front layer will be a semi-transparent png image)

anyway, for the “back” layer, the selection of images will be constantly updating and rather than me having to recreate the hype document each time with a new image added to the resource section, is there anyway I can use wildcards / watched location on a server where hype will find a newly added image and then pop it into the file / scene…

thanks for any help!

Hi I would have thought just using the same names would work

Hi to watch / list a directory on a server you've need to involve serverside php ... but i'm not right sure that this is your goal. your description is quite confusing to me ... so what do exactly you mean by:

@MarkHunte thats a good tip, will keep that in mind!

@h_classen Hans, at the start the “back” layer will have about 10 images, we’ll be adding an image or two a week to that list, so rather than having to recreate the hype document with the addition of each new image, i’d like that new jpg to be found automatically by hype

you can not duplicate layoutelements on runtime. Well, infact you can as it’s html, but it’ll be not regulary part of a hype export. may result in unexpected behaviour.

so two possibilities:

1. Replace the new images with old ones -> Marks approach -> easy to handle
  2. list a specified folder with external *.php. get Result and populate a hypeelement with innerHTML -> so you’ve got to write your own php, javascript, html, css -> flexible handling -> advanced effort

that said … if you’d rely on a nomenclature for picturenames you may strip off the php and just check wether a file exists or not with js clientside <- which will then be a stopping point for a loop