Video controls preventing jump to scene

When video controls are utilized, it seems to disable any actions (either placed on timeline or on scene unload) triggering a jump to a different scene. If I remove the controls, I no longer have the problem. I assume utilization of the video controls is messing with the timeline, creating difficulty with tracking either the timeline or the end of the scene. However, I would like the videos to be able to play on an iPad; what can I do?

Thank you

it’s unclear :slight_smile: you should provide an example! :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to upload a project with a video because the file sizes are larger than 3072KB. However, when users scrub forward or backward with video controls, the timeline and scene actions no longer trigger, presumably because the timeline isn’t tracking with the video any longer. I can’t be the first person to have this issue? Is there a way to attach the action to the end of the video rather than the timeline or scene?

okay, playtime of video is not synced with the timeline. they run independent. showed duration of the video on the timeline may be missleading here. to get a sync you have to script it yourself …

search the forum for video and sync. there should be a few examples …

if you just need a to run an action when the video is ended, try this

You could post the project using dropbox

Here is the Dropbox link to the project: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iy4iojd8if50r1i/AAAr7Sa6yxV0Xk-_tQL6KtW1a?dl=0 Hopefully you can access it…! Note: layouts are only established for the first two scenes, and controls are only “on” for the first video; this is largely because my efforts are focused on solving this problem before tidying up those other details.

Thanks so much for any help you are able to provide!

Ta, I will have a look at that.

I did initially create a test project and you are right there does seem to be something odd going on where using the video controls stop other timelines.

I solve this anyway with the Javascript that keeps the video and timeline in sync.

VidSyncTest.hype.zip (1.7 MB)

Update @hyping that dropbox link is producing an error. Can you zip it first and then upload to dropbox

Here is a link to the .zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfmh5n952kycf7u/videoscribe%20maze.zip?dl=0

Here is a link to the folder containing the linked files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iln09romr2voaru/AADfMXs9ea3uxW6V62EBrEzsa?dl=0

Thanks for your JS! I will try that out in each scene and see if I can solve the problem.

Update: I still can’t seem to solve the problem with the JS & the extra timeline

Ok,

I removed the on layout unload action that jumps to intro and moved the jump to scene (intro) timeline action from the main timeline to the video tracking timeline. (Placed at the same time 1.26.00)

You also seemed to have a action on the video track that did nothing, I removed that.

I then gave the video in intro the id ‘video’ and added the JS function and change the the timeline being used to video tracking .

This JS is called on the on scene load for the scene intro

This works.

Thank you so much for your time and effort! I still can’t get this to work though; it is not crossfading into the next scene when I preview it and scrub forward. It only seems to work when I don’t utilize the controls.

Could you upload your changes? I must be missing something simple…

I have had a further play with yours.

I have added an extension to get the current Scene Element. from the Extension Page

Doing this we can query the individual scene for it’s video.

What this means is we can use a single JS function that syncs the ‘Main Timeline’ for all the video scenes/layouts
Each video ‘Main Timeline’ now has the jump to scene action. And we do not need a separate timeline for tracking.

@hyping I have put it on weTransfer hopefully this link will work

Check back here in a few mins…

That is more than fantastic. I can’t wait! Thank you!

See above…

That is just awesome. I want to buy you flowers or a drink or something, MarkHunte. Thank you!

Lol.

No problem. Note that the query for the video assumes there will only be one video per video scene.

No worries!

hi mark,

instead of adding a functioncall to every layout you have the option to register this on ‘HypeSceneLoad’-event … once!

window.HYPE_eventListeners.push({"type":"HypeSceneLoad", "callback":myMagicSync});

which is a guess :slight_smile: i did not try …