Very small error in my website

Dear folks, I am happy to report that I have now completely finished my personal website. Part of it consists of comic strips I like to make and these are basically pdfs. Only the last one - a response to all the fuss made about Roald Dahl's fantastic work - is an interactive scene in Hype itself. Unfortunately, when you open that page, not the top of it comes up, but the middle of the page. Is it possible to force the scene to start from the top of the page?
https://janmac.nl/welkom.html
Big thanks for all your help in the past. janmac.nl

Which page in particular?

All the ones I viewed seem to load correctly.

One thing though , the back history seems to go back to the landing page instead of the last page visited?

Hi Mark,
It is about the last strip page. The only one that isn’t a pdf. You can click at some pictures of this inter active strip. It would be better if you could start from the head of this page.
Thanks,
Jan

One thing though , the back history seems to go back to the landing page instead of the last page visited?

I indeed also have to resolve this little problem.

Never really come across this before.. ( or I have forgotten about it ?)

But it seems because you scroll down the comic strip page to click that actual panel.
The browser is remembering where the scroll is when the other scene loads.

Since Hype is a single page I guess this may be part of the trade off.

A quick fix is to add some thing like this to your head file.

<script>	

function myCallback(hypeDocument, element, event) {

window.scrollTo(0, 0);
	}

if("HYPE_eventListeners" in window === false) {
		window.HYPE_eventListeners = Array();
	}
	window.HYPE_eventListeners.push({"type":"HypeLayoutRequest", "callback":myCallback});
</script>

this will force your school back to the top

1 Like

Hi Mark,
I didn't need the script. Indeed the browser remembered where the scroll was where the other scenes loaded. I swapped the last comic page with the first (al the others are pdfs) and the problem was solved. Now all the comics open at the top of their page.
Thanks a lot again!
swapped

2 Likes

I had assumed your order of the strips was strict.
Yes that would work since you are now at the top of the scroll when going to the new scene.
:+1:

1 Like