Using Hype Dynamic Camera in conjunction with drag and drop

Hi @MaxZieb and @h_classen

I'm trying to combine the use of 'dynamic camera' and the 'drag and drop enabler'. The dynamic cam GPS interferes with the drag and drop enabler GPS. See example attached.

Is there somehow an option for them not to interfere with each other?

gameSimulation1.zip (55.1 KB)

as hypes own dragcontrolfunctionality won't work correct using the camera and dd-enabler relies on it ...

but regular scaling the group should be fine.
nudgingDD.hype.zip (46,4 KB)

*only thing it'll need this nudgingfunction at the end of scaling the group

Thank you Hans.

I tried the camera because I did not think I could scale the group without losing DD integrity. I appreciate it.

H

___Ignore my questions. Let me do the homework first______Do I run the nudgeFunction on every animation of the wrapper, and when I reset the the wrapper position and size, do I have to reverse the nudge somehow, or just run it again?

technical background: the whole setup for positionings is handled by the script onload of a scene, on resize of the window and if involved elements attributes are changed. so far so good, but if just the wrapperelements attributes change (your case) the script by default won't react ... this is why it has to be nudged to make an update ... (bit dirty by dispatching the resizeevent ...)

1 Like

Thanks @h_classen. This could work. I will explore further. Thank you for the extension. I love working with it.

@MaxZieb after imagining the possibilities of using the DD enabler and dynamic camera together, is there a way there could be a 'nudge' function that will re-align the positioning after a camera move?

As Hannes said there is no easy way to make it compatible. Hype Dynamic Camera was a project I picked up from a previous active community member and it is based on setting a CSS transform manually so the Hype Runtime doesn’t “know” about any of the scaling . this has some advantages but one downside is that the math for the dragging pointer alignment doesn’t work anymore. Meaning it is not compatible with the built and dragging functionality.

1 Like

Funny ... Hannes is my nick by sportsmates

1 Like

Thank you @h_classen and @MaxZieb. Between the two of you it is cleared up. I'm going to try and reverse engineer the camera concept and with the the nudge function I can do the drag and drop.