URGENT help HTML5 Banner issues with Ad networks

This is pretty urgent - I have been trying to rectify the issue myself but am struggling to understand what the problems are. I have 2 sets of banners that I have created and neither are being accepted into ad network CMS's with third parties and I'm having issues with both.

Set 1&2 - I created using the Doubleclick studio plugin, ensuring I have added the click and exit as well as my link. I also ran it through a HTML5 validity checker. But I'm getting this issue when the third party checks the creative...

"I've been trying to upload the banners but no luck.
Initially, was getting an error message to remove the special characters including spaces from file names as these are not supported.
Changed all of those but looks like these need to be updated in the reference file as well.
Getting the below as an error now. This one is particularly for javascript file where it refers to the original file name(see error message below) even after changing the js file name(removing the '-')

Here is the help page, in case you want to refer:>
Fix error messages with Uploaded ads - Google Ads Help"

The hype file in question is here: 160x600.zip (79.7 KB)

And the system gave this message
65c0bdb0-04dc-11e8-9eac-ecf4bbcecf12

Im not a developer, Im a designer (which is why I use hype) and im totally stuck as to why these keep failing to upload. Please please help @Daniel

What ad system is it being uploaded to?

It sounds like the latest issue is that your third party contact may have changed the filename of HYPE-584.thin.min.js without changing where this filename is referenced in the index.html code?

One is being uploaded to Adobes PPC system, and the other I’m not sure about.

So I’m regards to the .js path, it would just need to be updated within the index.html file?

Ok @jonathan il see if I can make this change myself. Thank you for your help. This has been driving me insane. The Doubleclick studio criteria is completely new to me as is export for adnetworks so I’m learning as I go

It would appear this is the validator they are using: https://h5validator.appspot.com/adwords
And I’m still getting this issue:

With this file: 120x600_Leisure_V01_DCM.zip (50.3 KB)

Even though everything is in there and where it should be.

@jonathan A friend whos a developer is saying that the reason could and most probably is where the hype js file is called ‘HYPE-584’ and the adword engine isnt allowing it.

Changing the HYPE-584.js filename to HYPE584.js seems to work, but it does mean you need to update the first reference within the HTML index too.

I'm not getting this error when uploading your .zip file to the Adwords validator. I'm seeing a different upload size -- can you make sure you're sharing the same file?

This is an interested export view in the html-file. To see the code exported like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
	<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1,IE=edge" />
	<title>120x600_kiue_mascha_ft</title>
	<style>
		html {
			height:100%;
		}
		body {
			background-color:#FFFFFF;
			margin:0;
			height:100%;
		}
	</style>

<meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=yes, width=120" />
<script type="text/javascript"> 
window.loopCounter  = 0;
</script>

</head>
  <body>
	<div id="120x600kiuemaschaft_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:120px;height:600px;overflow:hidden;">
		<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="120x600_kiue_mascha_ft.hyperesources/120x600kiuemaschaft_hype_generated_script.js"></script>
	</div>
  </body>
</html>

I'm not clear what you are trying to show here? It looks like a typical .html export from Hype. Is this supposed to go in a different topic?

We are specifically looking for the 160x600_new.zip file from @s3ans3an to debug further.

Hello @Daniel and @jonathan

Apologies for the late update - thank you for your support and quick responses. I really value that there isn’t a barrier between software and support (Like creative cloud!) So thank you for being pro active. The banners have now been accepted to the ad-networks. It turned out one was for Google / Adwords - and the other was for AppNexus. I actually found and used the AppNexus guide that @Daniel created - where the action runs the custom java click (Thank you Daniel!) and those were accepted.

The ones for Google/Adwords gave me non stop issues for 2 reasons:

1 - I didn’t used the DCM script at first (I didn’t know that I even had to) After using the DCM export (so that a click tag was added, the exit point was added and the clickTag URL was specified) There was only a single issue/error left to fix…
2 - Adobe (our third party contact who are uploading the banners and distributing them) identified that adding them to: https://h5validator.appspot.com/adwords/asset was throwing up the error "Missing asset check’

I checked all asset filenames for ‘-’ or Rogue characters but nothing came up. Tried several times to no avail. Then the guys @ Adobe discovered it was the reference Hype was making to ‘HYPE-584.min.thin.js’

Exporting for DCM with the script, then changing the .js filename ‘HYPE-584.min.thin.js’ to ‘HYPE584minthin.js’ and then updating the call script action manually within the index.html seemed to make it work and accepted into the validator and ad-network.

To be honest, this is the first time I have ever used Clicktags, Adnetworks, HTML5 validators or call actions to .js files within hype - but its been a cool learning experience. I hope these points help make improvements to Hype for the future.

If you need me to send any files your way so you can see what has changed let me know. @Daniel the file you tested was created identical to the one I originally tested - there were many sizes and they were all created and exported in the same way so no need to debug. I should have clarified this.

Thanks guys - keep making hype even better.
:ok_hand:

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. I just liked the idea the JS was exported inside the HTML-file.

I’m glad you got it working! I’d still appreciate if you could send the failing files (zips of the .hype docs and your export would be most valuable). This might let us make changes to the export plugins. Frankly it is insane that ad network developers would have a dash in a filename cause acceptance issues!

Sure thing. It honestly drove me insane, but I got there in there end with the help of the community so all is well. Of course @jonathan Attached are the delivery files we supplied to the client

1 - The failed HTML5 banner (made with DCM export script)
728x90_FAILED.zip (51.8 KB)

2 - The Working HTML5 banner (exported wth DCM - then unzipped and manually edited the HYPE-584.min.htin.js filename, and the index.html)
728x90_WORKING.zip (52.1 KB)

Original HYPE project
728x90-HYPE.zip (80.0 KB)

Keep hyping! Literally my favourite application ever :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Actually in reviewing this it looks like google’s verifier was probably doing the right thing in the face of renaming files – but what I need to learn about is the initial ad system that was giving the issue about the special characters. Can you provide a link to where the actual upload was going to? It seems you mentioned “Adobes PPC system” - is this the Adobe Media Optimizer?

Hi again @jonathan

Adobe passed us this validator; https://h5validator.appspot.com/adwords/asset to test the banners which is what I originally used. It seems to hang and not do anything most of the time. They then added them to the Adobe Media Optimizer (As far as Im aware)

I hope this helps! Thanks for getting back to me - it’s great that you are so proactive.
Apologies if I’ve made this sound really complicated - I don’t usually supply the creative I just generate it!

Thanks in advance

S

1 Like

Thanks for following up. I also have that validator hang quite a bit :slight_smile:.

1 Like