Troubleshooting: Connecting to Hype Reflect

Hi Daniel. Just as a report back. Thanks for the reply. On the night of the problem I basically went through a process of resetting and restarting all relevant equipment and software, but it did not fix the problem. Yet the next evening everything started working again. It’s like taking your noisy car to the mechanic and when you get there the noise is not there anymore. Maybe my reflect just wanted to find out if you still care.

1 Like

Wish I knew what it was. Maybe we can attribute this to the new Moon phase. :first_quarter_moon:

I am still having a horrible time trying to connect to my devices in Reflect. Is there some kind of setting on the devices - Ipad or Iphone for privacy or whatever that can cause the ‘Unable to connect to’… problem? Others have no problem and I can send my files to other devices but, I cannot get anything on my devices.

They do show up in Hype looks all good but, when I try to preview I just keep getting Unable to connect…

I have uninstalled reinstalled the app - restarted my devices…

I suddenly started getting no connection.
In the end I have to allow incoming local traffic to my Mac via the firewall software I use. I am pretty sure I did not have to do this before but it may be I had this setup and did not realise.

Any how it could be firewall related.

When you see your device on the network (in the Preview tab) that is a Bonjour connection. The actual transfer of files occurs via a random open port on your Mac with a random port on your iOS device. If that random port is somehow blocked either by your Mac or by your network (some routers or business networks are more strict about this) then the preview will show that error. Can you tell me about the router you’re using? Do you have any local firewalls or restrictions your network?

We are on a public wifi connection… I talked to IT an they said there are no firewalls etc. Other people in my office are using Reflect fine and I can send my Hype files to their devices. Sounds crazy but, something on my devices is blocking it I assume… Another person in the same office same network just tried it out and has NO problems…

hi there. doesn’t work here as well. mac sierra 10.12.4, iphone6, ipad plus, ipad mini - nothing’s working! little snitch doesn’t block it… any clues?

Hello! It seems that certain routers do not like hype reflect. In my case it does not work in the home settings. I work with a macbook pro and an updated iphone 5.
In order to use hype reflect there is a fairly simple way, and is to create a wifi network on the mac and connect to that network from the iphone.

It would be ideal to be able to connect alternatively via usb but meanwhile this trick works very well.

Regards!

great minds..

1 Like

Ups! I’m sorry, I have not read that paragraph