Triggering of Multiple Timelines via Timeline actions

Hi there, I’m building a site based off of the parallax-vBear template. The scroll function works brilliantly but it seems to have removed the ability to use timeline actions on the timeline in order to trigger events. What I am specifically trying to do is use a timeline event on timeline ‘animation1’ to trigger playback of a looped sequence on timeline ‘Animation’. The demo file attached has an example of this.

I have gotten to achieving my goal by using hidden elements to trigger playback actions on entering or exiting the viewport. It’s pretty clunky though.

I imagine what I am trying to do is achievable with code but alas, my coding skills are near nonexistent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
Demo.zip (2.7 MB)

Since the function is jumping to individual points in time, it is not able to run the timeline actions you have setup. Timeline actions play during timeline playback, and your timeline isn’t really ‘playing’.

So what you can do here is run an action based on the point in time the timeline is currently at. The code is pretty simple. If you wanted to do something if the current point in the timlien is greater than 2 seconds, you would add this function into one of your ‘on scene load’ functions:

if (hypeDocument.currentTimeInTimelineNamed('Main Timeline') >= 2) {
// do something 
}

So you could put in a ‘start timeline’ function here: hypeDocument.startTimelineNamed('Animation', hypeDocument.kDirectionForward);