Timeline Buttons in the same space

Hello, me again. I’m not sure the correct way to solve this issue with buttons. I have a next button on my timeline. I can get it to go to the frame in the timeline fine. The button then fades out. A new button in the same space appears to the viewer to the next space on the timeline. Even though it’s a new button with a different actions it seems to break the interactive function of the timeline. I seem to remember back in the flash days you couldn’t have several buttons in the same area. But there was some code that fixed the issue. Been so long I can’t remember the code. I solved the issue in flash using markers…just one button telling the playhead to go to the next marker. Is there a way to do this in Hype? Or am I going to need to stagger my next button placement. Hope this makes sense. I’m so new to Hype. Love it, but new.

I'm a little unclear on exactly what you mean by this; it might be useful if you could post your document.

One thing to note is that if you're just adjusting Opacity, then the button layering will still be in effect and you'll be clicking on the topmost button. Instead you'll want to animate the Display (visible/hidden) property as this will remove the button element, so clicks can go through to below elements.