Tilt not working

Is there a fix the make tilt work again?
cant find anything in forums will this be fixed in up date or a to tutorial to show us how to fix it.
many thanks
Jason

That feature is apparently a big security risk.

...but maybe there’s still hope. The thread suggests that there’s a request for permission in iOS 13. That’s available to the public now. I’ll go test it out and report my findings.

Cool :slight_smile:
If it work please could you Provide instructions how to implement it or will it be implemented in update?

I found an article about the issue over here...

...but the first and only comment says it doesn't work for them. The reply links to a CodePen supporting that statement.

This is a big issue though, because it blocks things like Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality, which is a likely next step for websites. If you can't get the device orientation, it's hard to do those cool 3D things.

There's a reply from the article author that states he was able to get that code to work... Responses – Medium ...but I don't understand what it's about.

I'm going to eat. I'll try building my own test after that. (This data might be useful for Widgets / Apparatuses. But since they're apps, I probably can just use Swift to pull that data.)

Alright, so that was a tasty dinner.

Anyway, yeah, the tutorial is good. I was able to get the permission prompt.

There’s a big reason why I was having trouble – especially when working with Hype. I remembered reading something about how this won’t work without a secure connection. If the page is not using HTTPS, then nothing is going to happen. (At least, that’s how I remembered it.)

I used the Hype Reflect app… nothing. I had it load from Hype’s local web server… nothing. So, I chucked a copy of the test on to my website. BOOM – It worked. Wow!

𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕦 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤. :yum:

Anyway, I really gotta get back to work on Widgets. So, if you need more help than that, maybe someone else on the forum can jump in. To be specific, I think @jonathan might find this new information useful, if he doesn’t already know. In order to bring back the Gyroscope feature – which is huge for AV/AR – he’d have to add support for the new permission requirement and he’d have to solve the HTTPS issue.

Me: My job here is done.
Sailor Moon: But you didn’t do anything

…a lot of memes in this post. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the additional data!

1 Like