This is just bonkers: Codex is coming

We’ve created an improved version of OpenAI Codex, our AI system that translates natural language to code, and we are releasing it through our API in private beta starting today. Codex is the model that powers GitHub Copilot, which we built and launched in partnership with GitHub a month ago. Proficient in more than a dozen programming languages, Codex can now interpret simple commands in natural language and execute them on the user’s behalf—making it possible to build a natural language interface to existing applications. We are now inviting businesses and developers to build on top of OpenAI Codex through our API.

3 Likes

Slightly scares me

Codex: write some malware and send it to everyone as an email and it can access all user data related to web accounts and send it back

1 Like

For now, you still have to know what you're doing, and complex requests fail. It assists you in a context-aware but sequential way to write a program. You can still instruct it to write terrible code as planing and understanding the "bigger picture" isn't covered... yet. It's like a Stack-Overflow lookup and sub sequential code refactoring on steroids, though. Specially, describing an API and letting it assist with a program is very intriguing (rather at the end of the video).

Isn't this related to this post…

…One of the reasons I bought Whisk is because there needs to be competition. I'm starting to wonder if using Visual Studio Code is such a great idea.

All you need to do is hook this up in VR and you've got the holodeck :smiley:. Of course, I'd be wary of what exactly you tell it to do.

2 Likes

That analogy is so spot on.
And the one thing you can effectively do with codex its seems is to just get it to read API and understand how to embed and use it.

Its mind filled with new realities just beyond its consciousness!!

1 Like

Remember this thread… and now we are in the middle of it... :earth_americas: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes