Text formatting: paragraph break / line break

is it possible to insert a line break in Hype? at the moment I can only seem to insert paragraph breaks

You can edit innerHTML by clicking on the little pen icon. Then you can format using HTML tags. Using <p>, <div> or <br/> to achieve your breaks and divisions. But you can also use all sorts of HTML stuff like tables and grids.

Thanks Max, I’m surprised this is the only way to add a line break

Well Hype has this Clippy-Like helper that when you paste two plain text paragraphs like:

Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus.

it converts them into DIV’s automaticly.

Is this still possible in Hype 4?

You can continue to edit the inner html of text elements to add any arbitrary tags you'd like.

1 Like

Thanks, for anyone else coming across this, you have to double click to edit the text and then you click on the pen icon below the text. This was a bit hard for me to see when I had already added several layers to project, and I was looking in the right-click menu or somewhere in the text inspector panel.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 09.28.33

1 Like

or use option/command/E instead of clicking

1 Like