Sync Type Layer with words Inside of the Text Layer Box

Would be great to see this.

To clarify, do you mean the element’s title that shows up in the list being synced with the text contents?

1 Like

Yes please. Whatever I type in the text element to be the name of the layer now it’s just says text?

Gotchya; this is a popular request :slight_smile:. Thanks!

How far does the request go back 2.0? Lol :laughing: If I have 10 layers of text everyone of them says text. Talk about organization. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The first user request was on 05/26/2011 at 5:47 AM, which was version 1.0.0.

There’s a surprising number of design and technical considerations for this feature, given the text is really HTML, can be quite large, animatable, and we still want manual overrides.

I see, thanks for the explanation. @jonathan I was just thinking. How is it different then say if I rename a text layer to that of what’s In the text element box, It’s still HTML is it not? People tend to rename layers anyways as annoying it is it’s still HTML after I rename is what I’m saying.
If that’s the case, can the UI take over and output HTML condensed or abbreviated? For Example, if I start typing “Tumult Hype Professional is awesome” in the text element box, while the Hypes UI saves this in its entirety the output HTML can be something like tumult-hype-pro.