Switch off Canvas BG

1. What do you want to see in Hype?
    Figma, automatically hides any part of the design outside the canvas area giving a clearer look at the design. In hype you can see the elements that go beyond the canvas so its harder to visualise the end design

2. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
    A button would be great to mask off anything not on the canvas

3. Are there examples of other apps with this feature? Or, have you seen examples of this elsewhere on the web? (Please include a URL)
    Any Figma doc will have this

4. How high of a priority is this for you?
    It would make designing so much cleaner

[ ] Nice to Have
[ ] Important
[ ] Can't use Hype without it

1 Like

Adobe Indesign offers it too. it's a preview that cuts of anything next to the scene and hides guides ...

nice to have :slight_smile:

1 Like

The other really nice feature in figma is that you can import an image, put any vector shape in there and press a button to make an instant mask.

This would have to be optional.
Putting elements outside of the scene is used a lot and you would need to be able to see them.

Push come to shove you could always Temporally or not select everything and group them. Size the group to the scene and set overflow to hidden in the inspector

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that

Thanks for the request - I've added this as a "+1" to our item on the tracker. (Interestingly I always though folks would hate the little fade out we do and request for the full view - not the opposte!).

One hack you can do is add this to your Head HTML:

<style>
#HypeMainContentDiv {
	overflow: hidden !important;
}
</style>

This is unsupported - I don't guarantee it will work in future versions or interfere with normal operation with Hype (though should be safe).

3 Likes

Thanks Jonathan will try that

1 Like

Works well Jonathan. Ill use it during the design process and then remove it prior to export

1 Like

Great - glad to hear that. HypeMainContentDiv isn't used in an export, so should be pretty safe if you get lazy and don't feel like removing it :slight_smile:.

1 Like