SVG code pasted into HTML widgets

This might be a silly question, but I’m nervous about a piece of artwork that I’ve produced and was hoping someone here could assuage my fears / save me from making a tit of myself.

The template that I worked from used graphics which had been exported from Illustrator as .svg files and appeared in the resource library alongside all the other elements. For convenience and flexibility, I removed these linked files and replaced them by pasting the relevant SVG code into HTML Widgets and displaying them that way instead. Much neater.

I’ve looked around the forum and done a bit of Googling and I can’t seem to find any downsides to this approach. However, I just wanted to mention it here and ask if anyone knew of any potential issues that might arise from working this way. I really don’t want to send final artwork to a client only to discover after the fact that those elements won’t display on certain browsers or something.

Any help would be gratefully received.

You might have some trouble with IE11...

But in general, support for SVG is much better with modern browsers...

Thanks very much for the reply. I’m guessing that any issues that IE11 could potentially have with my revised templates would have been an issue with them previously anyway, and we’ve never had any complaints.

caniuse.com’s pretty handy, so cheers for that too.