Strange rendering in Hype Pro 3.6

Hey, guys,

When I was using a gradient div for a mouse_over effect. I stumbled upon a strange 3D effect inside of Muse. At first, I liked it. But on previewing it in the browser it was gone. With that, it should be a rendering problem within the software. And that is why I am posting it here.

Here is a Videocast to help reproduce and hype file:
HirschenGroup_Magazin_Portal.zip (1.0 MB)

Live link:
http://magazin.hirschen-group.com/

UPDATE:
The jumping of divs from scene to scene is there because the sizes are different in each scene.

I think this may show the issue.

It does seem that the gradient is giving an extra affect on elements set below it.

nVersion.hype.zip (780.2 KB)

1 Like

But only in Hype itself.

offtopic:
My brain keeps writing happy instead of hype.

1 Like

So I do not think it is the gradient that is doing this but the angle rotations on the group 'mask_left'
The group/div seems to be picking up the text pixals below and then also distorting them.

Here I have removed the gradient.
And changed the angle.

You can see the text (like a ghost) is being picked up and also distorted

shortVersion 2.hype.zip (780.3 KB)

And shows up in Preview but not export

1 Like

I think this is due to the use of backdrop filters. It is a relatively new technology intended and looks like has edge case bugs when it comes to 3D rotation (another technology that we’ve found has its share of bugs).

You’d see it in Safari and MS Edge, but other browsers don’t support backdrop filters at all. Note the warning icon in the inspector about this.

You may instead want to use a foreground filter effect on the image itself instead.

1 Like

Oh dear… can I (ab) use is still there. :slight_smile: